NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-18, 11:37 AM   #1
kdwood12
Stocker

Default Backpacking

Anyone have any really good backpacking spots in Nga? Looking to do a 1 nighter on saturday. Have done the Justice creek area near Springer. Looking for a fairly short one(out of shape) maybe <5 miles 1 way. Most of the State parks that I like are already booked due to poor planning on my part. Thx in advance.
kdwood12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 12:28 PM   #2
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

Chattooga River Trail is a great option. It can be as long/short as you need it to be. There are some camp sites that are essentially "car camping" and some that are miles from the road.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 06:58 PM   #3
narcodog
Native

There are many along the AT. Where a highway crosses just hike in and then hike out. I liked the trail from Hwy 76 at he Towns/ Rabun co line to Addis Gap. Or you could go north.
narcodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 01:26 PM   #4
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbub View Post
Chattooga River Trail is a great option. It can be as long/short as you need it to be. There are some camp sites that are essentially "car camping" and some that are miles from the road.
...second Sam's rec...

...we used to hike from Hwy 28 bridge down to Earl's Ford...campsites (primitive) adjacent to trail...overlays Bartram Trail for a ways...access to river and fishing...

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 02:22 PM   #5
iso1600
Native

Conasauga River Trail!

Betty Gap to where Panther Creek meets the river is I want to say just over 5 miles. Plenty of very primitive spots along the river, amazing scenery, and potential for good fishing. I say potential because it's still recovering from dry summer of '16 and the fires after.
Hike out is pretty serious, goes up 1400' in just over a mile lol.
Old 04-23-18, 09:28 AM   #6
kdwood12
Stocker

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up exploring the chattooga river trail. Had not been there in a long time but will be back real soon!
kdwood12 is offline   Reply With Quote