NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Events & Happenings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-18, 08:12 PM   #1
Blueridgeflies
Native

Default Iron Fly Event

Saw this over on the facebooks and figured some of yall might be interested. There is a fly fishing related business holding an Iron fly event the friday night before the Blue Ridge Trout Fest (or whatever the proper name of that is). Here is a link to some more info for those able to make it.

If I weren't busy then I would be there, cause then would make for a good weekend of fishing and general trout bummery.

https://www.facebook.com/16593960142...type=3&theater
Thank you, dear God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. Thank you for the rain. And for the chance to wake up in three hours and go fishing: I thank you for that now, because I won't feel so thankful then. - Garrison Keillor

Team Georgia, Competitive Fly Fishing
http://flyfishingteamgeorgia.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Teamgeorgiacff/
Blueridgeflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-18, 10:53 AM   #2
bwanabob
Native

Default IronFly Fly Tying Competition

Do you think you are the best at tying flies? Do you have the newest secret fly or hard-to-get materials? Can you cure UV glue by merely looking at it? Do you think you have what it takes to carry the title "IRON FLY Champion"? Do you like to party?

If so then you might want to grab a couple of your best friends (newbies preferred) and check out the IRON FLY event in Blue Ridge this Friday, April 27. In conjuNction with the Blue Ridge Trout Festival on April 28, IRON FLY will take place from 7-10 pm at Grumpy Old Men Brewing Company in Blue Ridge.

Gather your friends, whether they tie flies or not, and head for IRON FLY in Blue Ridge. IRON FLY is fly-tying meets Iron Chef, as tiers compete in a battle of partying skills and bobbin prowess to make the ultimate fish snack from the same set of mystery ingredients. Race against your liver and your competitors to show the panel of judges that your vice has the spice.

Each event is subject to local rules, and prizes will vary per event. In some instances, there will be no prizes at all, as this is not a "fly tying tournament." Irresponsible behavior will be loosely tolerated but as....les will be kicked directly in the face.

Learn more at BlueRidgeTroutFest.com and on Facebook at BlueRidgeTroutFestival
Old 04-24-18, 10:26 PM   #3
FlickNdip
Native

Great brews, great ties and better prizes! I will be there with there will be comps for intro to advanced all will be welcome!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-18, 10:22 AM   #4
flyfisher062305
Native

Are you supposed to bring anything as far as vice, tools, materials, etc or will everything be provided?

Mark
flyfisher062305 is offline   Reply With Quote