NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-18, 05:56 PM   #1
jkwolek1971
Native

Default Today was a good day

After spending 12 hrs in a car yesterday, today was a Joe day. Got out around 11 and it was pretty packed already at the dam. As I was getting dressed the stocker truck pulled up. Ended up helping a dad and his son gear up but they were loaded for bear(12pnd test and all). I let them know that there are not too many catfish in the river and showed them an improved clinch(cinch?) knot and let them on their way. I snuck around a couple of folks and found a corner of the river to start fishing. Not much to start but folks cleared out around lunch so I made my way back up to below the ramp and changed up flies. As soon as I did I started getting fish. And I mean a lot. I had a variation of a Midge Big T gave me and boy did it work. I caught about 15 or so in about 30mins. Decided to move down stream a little and let others fish the spot. Caught fish all the way down to Haw creek and then decided to make my way back up. Retied, refreshed, and got out to the same spot. When I say I had a day, I had a Big T type of day. I think all of the fisherman at the ramp pushed all the stockers down a little. I must have caught 50+ fish on the day, with a majority coming after 1pm. I was a little protective of the spot and did not move for a while. Sorry, but as above, it was a Joe day. I was dry dropping 2 different color midges in the same pattern. Caught fish on both and even managed a few on the dry.

Thanks to Hillis for stopping by as saying hi.

Tight lines folks and see you on the river.

Joe.

Last edited by jkwolek1971; 07-02-18 at 09:39 PM.
jkwolek1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 06:41 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Woo-hoo! A fifty-plus fish day is a GOOD day! I've had mebbe three or four days that've ever been lahk that and I will remember them fer a long time!

Good on you fer helpin' some folks git set up fer the day. That makes fer good Karma and it'll come back to you when you least 'spect it. And good on you also too fer makin' room fer others an' movin' downstream to give the less 'sperienced some room to fish fer new stockers. (The 50+ day hints that you may've already scored on a little of that Karma, but I suspect you have a lot more comin' to ya!)

Great report! It gives me a case of the "feel goods."

to you!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 07:46 PM   #3
JerryG
Native

12lb test! Nice choice. I picked up a noticable number more bites when I downsized from 15.
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 08:09 PM   #4
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

In the words of the great Sir Cube of Ice, "If the day does not require and AK, then it is good."
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 08:15 PM   #5
jkwolek1971
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
In the words of the great Sir Cube of Ice, "If the day does not require and AK, then it is good."
jkwolek1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 09:48 PM   #6
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Sounds awesome Joe congrats!

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 09:09 AM   #7
splatek16

Dude, that's insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 09:32 AM   #8
gau16
Native

I got some nice mono wrapped around my boots yesterday at the dam. I was able to break it off with my hands so I am guessing it was at least 15lb.

If anyone is looking for it, I put it in the lost in found.

Good news was that I fooled a fish into taking my own tied fly.

Pretty neat moment.

I didnt have a 50 fish day though... Indicator nymphing for me was real tough with the wind and I need more midges.

Caught one on Dr Charles Waltz though! -Thanks doc!

Old 04-07-18, 06:57 AM   #9
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Joe, Congrats on a great day on the river! I watched you catching one after another, in awe!