NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-18, 02:15 PM   #1
jkwolek1971
Native

Default Wind Gods

Does anyone know a dance we can do to appease the wind gods?

Ugh. I got out early to try and beat the wind and had about 30mins of peaceful fishing. Wind picked up and white caps were rolling upstream soon after. Found fish here or there on my favorite midge pattern. Moved to below Haw Creek and found a pod of nice fish and consistently caught fish for about 45 mins. There may or may not have been a nicer fish in the current as I would see a nice shadow appear on a rock every now and then.. Thought I caught into a nice one while walking down stream but he came unbuttoned pretty fast. Turns out that after missing a couple more I realized my hook was not hooked properly... Fixed it and started catching fish again.

Ran into Dave375 and Sighter(good to finally meet you in person) on the way out. I think they were planning on flying kites because when I left the wind was really ripping...

Joe
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 02:34 PM   #2
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Send cash to me. I will hand deliver to the Wind Gods. They prefer small unmarked bills.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 07:27 PM   #3
Dave375
Native

Good to see you Joe, it was definitely good kite flying weather. We fished for around 1 1/2 hours. Sighter put on a clinic, every time I looked over he was putting one in the net. I had one stocker in the first hour and 15 minutes but tried to salvage the day with 3 small browns on the wade back to the get out point.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 07:54 PM   #4
jkwolek1971
Native

I think I ended the day with 9/10. Missed about 16 though. Lot of hits but I think the wind was screwing with my drift too much to see the strike early enough. At least that is what I am going with.
jkwolek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-18, 07:58 PM   #5
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

It was great to finally meet you too Joe! I knew you frequented the dam, it was only a matter of time! You were not kidding, I had to hold onto my hat most of the time, and at one point had to handline my rig back to myself to make my next cast. I think I offered them my firstborn but it didn't let up, don't know if the deal is still on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave375 View Post
Good to see you Joe, it was definitely good kite flying weather. We fished for around 1 1/2 hours. Sighter put on a clinic, every time I looked over he was putting one in the net. I had one stocker in the first hour and 15 minutes but tried to salvage the day with 3 small browns on the wade back to the get out point.
Haha, thanks Dave, it didn't help that I sorta high holed you. You for sure have the point next time! I went super heavy on my flies with two 4.0mm tungsten WBs and plopped them in when the gusts seemed to let up. We both had our fair share of misses... but it was awesome when we doubled up! I think that was our first time fishing together, hopefully not the last
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote