NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-17, 12:25 PM   #1
csharp1171
Native

Default Amicalola 11/30

Finally got out this morning to do some fishing. It has been way too long so I headed to Amicalola at Steele Bridge to get in a couple of hours of fishing before work. Got there just at day break and had the river to myself the whole time. Ended up with 8 to hand and missed a couple of others. All were caught on an olive Pat's Rubberlegs. Just as I was leaving they were starting to rise. Attached are a few photos. It sure did feel good to get on the water!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171130_072238.jpg (98.4 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 20171130_072829.jpg (48.4 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 20171130_073101.jpg (106.8 KB, 129 views)
csharp1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 11:29 AM   #2
Uncle Fun
Native

Congrats. From first-hand experience and talking to others Steel Bridge has been difficult fishing.
Uncle Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 05:45 PM   #3
troutrookie
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fun View Post
Congrats. From first-hand experience and talking to others Steel Bridge has been difficult fishing.

Got skunked at Steele Bridge this morning but moved to 53 and did pretty well, started slow but picked up around 10:30 or so. Tan mops. Here are some pics of a few. A couple had really nice color and were pretty good fish for stockers.
Thanks
Darryl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 06:27 PM   #4
Sighter
Native (Formerly known as DoubleRainbow)

Looks like they stocked some nicer sized fish there, thanks for posting!
Sighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 08:36 AM   #5
IndicatoRx
Native

Default December stocking?

Has the December stocking been done for the Ami?
IndicatoRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 11:12 PM   #6
I_got_skunked
Native

Hit the upper ami dh today. Got some brookies out of my go to hole and had a lot of fish come unbuttoned during the fights. Decided to do some exploring down river past the big stretch of slack water. Some pretty area down there. Didn't see any signs of fish, though.
Old 12-05-17, 04:46 PM   #7
IndicatoRx
Native

Default The Ami on 12/4

Fished the Ami at 53 bridge with my buddy Brian on 11/4. We caught 10-12 between us, below average I would say. So when the Wildlife officer showed up to check our licenses, I asked him if the Ami had been stocked for December. He said that it had not. Why? Well, since GA voted to have trout season open year round, waters are stocked year round and hatchery capacity can not be increased accordingly. So the DH waters are getting fewer fish than before. That still doesn't answer why the Ami hasn't been stocked yet - with fewer fish. Does anyone know when the Ami will be stocked again? Thanks.
IndicatoRx
Old 12-05-17, 05:22 PM   #8
Sighter
Native (Formerly known as DoubleRainbow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndicatoRx View Post
Fished the Ami at 53 bridge with my buddy Brian on 11/4. We caught 10-12 between us, below average I would say. So when the Wildlife officer showed up to check our licenses, I asked him if the Ami had been stocked for December. He said that it had not. Why? Well, since GA voted to have trout season open year round, waters are stocked year round and hatchery capacity can not be increased accordingly. So the DH waters are getting fewer fish than before. That still doesn't answer why the Ami hasn't been stocked yet - with fewer fish. Does anyone know when the Ami will be stocked again? Thanks.
IndicatoRx
10-12 between the two of you doesn't sound like a bad day I'd say given the reports above. The DH is not subject to a weekly stocking, but when they do stock it usually is a good amount of fish. Whenever I think about going to a DH stream, I usually check NGTO in conjunction with this link that shows the stocking of streams throughout Georgia for the given week (http://georgiawildlife.com/Trout then click on Weekly Stocking Report). With this information, I then pick a stream to fish. From what I've noticed so far it seems like they stock every DH stream once every 2-3 weeks with an occasional stocking within a lake. Also, it is only the very beginning of December, maybe they stocked it late in November and the officer just took your question too literally. In any case, if you took any photos of the fish you caught please post them as previous posts on this thread showed trout with some nice coloration and condition.

Last edited by Sighter; 12-05-17 at 05:28 PM.
Sighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-17, 12:43 PM   #9
Brotherbear
Native

All my 20+ fish days on the AMI were fishing black stone flies on sinking line.
Old 12-06-17, 03:46 PM   #10
IndicatoRx
Native

Default Stocking the Ami

Thanks Sighter! A useful link for sure. Sorry but we didn't take any pictures. However, I think they were stockers, even though colors were not dull. Colors weren't bright like a wild trout either.
IndicatoRx