NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-18, 07:30 PM   #1
FMJHP
Stocker

Default Raccoon creek, and a dirty feeder stream

Went to raccoon creek this morning in hopes of finding some trout. I knew not to get my hopes up high though. I started my journey heading downstream of the Silver Comet trail. Only caught some bluegills and redbreast. The deeper holes that typically hold the trout seemed barren, and rather cloudy with silt. I probably would of gotten into some trout if I headed further down past the rail road. I was downstream last month with my brother and we had caught our limit in no time.

I turned around and headed up stream of the silver comet trail. I found that every hole was occupied with red eye bass. Had a great time catching them.

Then I came across why the creek seemed so cloudy. There was a small feeder stream pumping a cloud of silt into raccoon creek. I figured I'd follow it and maybe see why. I did catch some very small red eye bass and some larger creek chub on this dirty little creek. Shame to see this on the WMA. I never made it all the way up the tiny creek to find the problem because I had ran out of time and I was starving.
The first two pictures of the no name "dirty creek" was where it met with raccoon creek upstream of the Silver Comet trail.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
FMJHP is offline   Reply With Quote