NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-18, 09:27 AM   #1
Trophytrout
Native

Question Lake Blue Ridge Turnover

Does lake Blue Ridge experience a lake turnover similar to lake Lanier? If yes does it affect the fishing? I fish the Toccoa River tailwater during spring and early summer but rarely during the fall. I will be fishing the tailwater in two weeks.
Trophytrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 01:19 AM   #2
TroutManJoe
Native

Send a message via AIM to TroutManJoe

Not this year, but usually that occurs sometime tween late Aug and early Oct. This year, due to all the rain, tje tailwater is pretty warm. We haven't had a significant fish kill, but we likely will jist barely have skated by with lows in the 40s the next couple days.
Old 10-12-18, 08:27 AM   #3
UpstateFishing
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutManJoe View Post
Not this year, but usually that occurs sometime tween late Aug and early Oct. This year, due to all the rain, tje tailwater is pretty warm. We haven't had a significant fish kill, but we likely will jist barely have skated by with lows in the 40s the next couple days.
Interesting. On the lower tailwater of the Chattahoochee all of the rain has been keeping us in the mid 60's this summer, which is warm for trout, but significantly cooler than the usual high 70's to 80 degrees. We're also 40ish miles from the water coming out from Lanier though instead of 5-10.
UpstateFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 09:04 AM   #4
TroutManJoe
Native

Send a message via AIM to TroutManJoe

That's likely because Lanier is so much bigger. Basically, because of the excess of warm, oxygenated water onbthe surface from rain, the increased generation burned thru all the cold water at the bottom leaving a lake that is not stratified. Because lanier is so much bigger, its cold water wasnt all used up.
Old 10-12-18, 11:29 AM   #5
UpstateFishing
Native

I think something similar happened on Allatoona. The Etowah was hot this summer.
UpstateFishing is offline   Reply With Quote