NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-18, 04:21 PM   #11
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Kevin,
As always, great video! Were you fishing Tammen Park? Believe I saw the dam in the background. What works best at Tammen Park, go to flies? Sighter, that's one heckuva bass you caught!
Old 08-09-18, 02:00 AM   #12
Aardvark
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
Always a pleasure to fish with you Prowler, you were killing it dry dropping! That bass was a beast on my 4wt rod and the satisfaction of bringing him was insane, my PB Spotted bass!. I was almost certain he'd bend out my size 16 hook
That spot may have discovered stockers! Give it a few more years and it could end up around ten pounds if it is eating trout instead of eggs.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 12:44 PM   #13
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLIS LANIER View Post
Kevin,
As always, great video! Were you fishing Tammen Park? Believe I saw the dam in the background. What works best at Tammen Park, go to flies? Sighter, that's one heckuva bass you caught!
Yes it was Tammen. My go to fly out there lately has been the blue back pheasant tail I've been tying. Size 18. They seem to like it on all stretches of the toccoa ive tried it on. The funny thing is, I was fishing two fly rig one blue back PT and the other fly was identical other than it being a greenback PT and every single fish came on the blueback. I would have thought I'd catch at least a few on the green one but nope

------Team Norvise------
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 08:15 PM   #14
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Prowler,
Now that is truly getting things dialed in for sure!!
Old 08-09-18, 10:29 PM   #15
Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Prowler,
Thanks man. Never thought I would be saying this but I wish I could start catching some rainbows again. Last few trips, all I am catching is browns. LOL

------Team Norvise------
Old 08-09-18, 11:10 PM   #16
erikclymore
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Prowler,
Thatís what happens when you move up to a mansion in north Georgia armed with a team of maids and butlers. He has all the time in the world to tinker with the little things like comparing flashback colors, in between his riverside tying sessions that is!
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 11:18 PM   #17
Lumis
Native

Can you wet wade the taccoa comfortably? Or is it as cold as Buford dam tailwater.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 07:59 AM   #18
Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclymore View Post
That’s what happens when you move up to a mansion in north Georgia armed with a team of maids and butlers. He has all the time in the world to tinker with the little things like comparing flashback colors, in between his riverside tying sessions that is!
I think you are mistaking me with BigT Last two times I stopped by to see him, his butler kicked me out!!!! He said something about it was time for BigT's afternoon pedicure and cucumber eye treatment?!?!

------Team Norvise------

Last edited by Prowler; 08-10-18 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-10-18, 08:01 AM   #19
Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
Can you wet wade the taccoa comfortably? Or is it as cold as Buford dam tailwater.
It seems much more comfortable than Buford dam water. I see people wet wading all the time.

------Team Norvise------