NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Forum Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-08, 09:23 PM   #1
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte
Lightbulb How to post pictures to NGTO

This gets asked all the time, so maybe this will help. I use photobucket, but there are other image hosting sites that work just fine.

Posting Pictures using Photobucket

1. Create an account at www.photobucket.com
2. Once account is created set the options for size of photo to 640 x 480. That way the pictures will be the right size for message boards.
3. Using the bulk loader or choose files method, upload photos to your Photobucket album.
4. Once you have uploaded the photos, you can then paste in the “IMG Code” or "Direct Link" from photobucket into your post in NGTO. The "Direct Link" is the 1st selection and the “IMG Code” is the 4th selection under each picture in your album and or "Direct Link".
5. In your NGTO post click on the Insert Image Icon and then paste the "IMG Code" or "Direct Link" URl from PhotoBucket into the box that opens up.

When you click to open a new thread or post a thread you see a window like the one below. The arrow is pointing to the Insert image Icon.

If you do not see a Thread post window like the one above:

Go into your "User CP" and on left side look for "Edit Options"

Then scroll all the way to the Bottom of the page till you see the window like the one below and open the pull down selection box and set it to what you see in the picture below and save. That should give you the edit window format you see above.

Other tips:
I open NGTO in a separate browser so I can go back and forth between NGTO and Photobucket.

To post pictures using NGTO's gallery use this link for a tutorial on page 2 of this thread:
http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/foru...ad.php?t=68736

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Last edited by SlowStreamer; 02-08-12 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-09-08, 10:32 PM   #2
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

Here's some notes from Sparse Hackle:

(Additional on-line help at: http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_160.html)

Uploading by the “Bulk Loader” Method (Fastest)
a. At the bottom of the “Upload Images & Video” box, click on the “bulk uploader” blue link. The bulk uploader will load. In the left pane (#1) you can navigate to the folders and images on your hard drive that you want to upload. If images, they will appear as thumbnails in the right pane (#2).
b. In pane #2 select the images you want to upload
c. At the bottom of pane #3, for maximum image size, click on the “options” blue link and set the image size to “message board (640 X 480).
d. Click on the “Upload” button on the right – Images will upload.

NOTE: In the “album” mode where thumbnails of images in your album are shown, when you right click on the image and select properties, the “thumbnail” dimensions of approximately 160 x 120 pixels will be shown. To see the dimensions of the actual picture that will be posted to the message board, you must double click on the thumbnail in the album to “open” the picture. Then you can right click on the image, select “properties”, and the actual image size will be shown. It should be 640 x 480 (or a close approximation) pixels.

Uploading by the “Choose Files Method”
1. In the “Upload Images & Video” box, set the options for size of photo to 640 x 480. That way the pictures will be the right size for message boards.

2. Once you have uploaded the photos, you can then paste in the “IMG Code” from photobucket into your post in NGTO. The “IMG Code” is the 4th selection under each picture in your album.

Note: When right click on the image, the length & width pixel numbers may depend on the size of the window. To maximize to 640 x 480 either maximize the window or click on the image to enlarge it.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.
Old 11-13-10, 08:19 PM   #3
FeatherBender
Stocker

Default Size photos

I have a photobucket account, but when I sent a picture to NGTO, it was way too large. How can I select size options in photobucket?
Old 11-13-10, 08:25 PM   #4
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherBender View Post
I have a photobucket account, but when I sent a picture to NGTO, it was way too large. How can I select size options in photobucket?
Under the "Upload Image" button you will see in small text "more options".

Click on "more options" and then you will see the options.

The size most folks use is "Large (640 X 480) or 15" screen (800 X 600).
Old 09-07-12, 06:41 PM   #5
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontinalis View Post
I'm having trouble adjusting the size of my photos in Photobucket.

Say I'm in Photobucket and viewing an album (thumbnails of all the photos in that album). Is there a way to select all the photos and simply resize them to 640 x 480 so they are all ready for posting on NGTO?

I followed Gatorbyte's and SlowStreamer's instructions but I cannot find the re-sizing options anywhere. It seems inconvenient to have to resize each photo on an individual basis.

Thanks.
Te easiest way I have found to change the size of your pictures for posting is during the upload process to PhotoBucket. Click on the Upload button and then look to top right and you will see "customize your Upload Options". Click on that and then you will see the options for what size you would like the pictures to be converted too.
Old 11-25-13, 05:00 PM   #6
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

New news. Photobucket now makes it even easier to link photos to NGTO. As above, upload your photos into Photobucket and edit them for size.

With the photo on screen, look to the right and you'll see three boxes
Direct
HTML

IMG

• Click once in the IMG box. It'll change to the word Copied in yellow.
  • Next, start a new post in NGTO and simply Paste what you just copied.
  • Done.
Closed Thread