NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-18, 04:53 PM   #1
splatek16

Default So many wild 'bows (picture heavy)

Dredgers weekly fishing message was missing a blueline report, so I thought I'd take a few hours and hit up a little stream that is always fun to fish

The day started with a fish on the first cast

And a bunch more after that

This one has a very orange belly that's not quite coming thru in the picture... Not sure what that's about

The day ended with lost Clippers, my teeth just aren't what they used to be.
Gorgeous weather. Cool on/in the stream and plenty of fish in the hand. Only got three in the dry, the rest were on this, very basic pt patterned fly

Tight lines, y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 08:49 PM   #2
goodfortune
Stocker

I like your nymph...what is the material at the thorax? Flashabou and UV ice of some sort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
The day ended with lost Clippers, my teeth just aren't what they used to be.
Gorgeous weather. Cool on/in the stream and plenty of fish in the hand. Only got three in the dry, the rest were on this, very basic pt patterned fly

Tight lines, y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goodfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 08:59 PM   #3
3-wt
Native, formerly known as "Streamside Sam"

Hard to figure those trouts, only getting 3 on the dry. That's surprising. Nice scenery. Looks like a great day. Lots of flash on that fly; very nice. (you must have run out of orange rabbit dub )
Old 05-11-18, 09:13 PM   #4
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

I'm disappointed.....no gratuitous hat pics....

Great report man!!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 09:02 AM   #5
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfortune View Post
I like your nymph...what is the material at the thorax? Flashabou and UV ice of some sort?
The hotspot is a midge pearl crystal flash that I got from Big T's store! That stuff has gotten a TON of use on my flies, but that was the first time I tried using it as a hotspot. I guess the fishes liked it. It ended up getting broken off after several tens of fish and I only tied one, on a whim, until this morning... now I am stocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-wt View Post
Hard to figure those trouts, only getting 3 on the dry. That's surprising. Nice scenery. Looks like a great day. Lots of flash on that fly; very nice. (you must have run out of orange rabbit dub )
I mean, right? I totally expected a strong dry bite today, but you might not be able to tell from the pics, but a lot of the fishing was done in the shade... that's all I can think put the dry bite off... I tend to have more luck with them eating dries when the sun is shining down bright, possibly creating a shadow or something...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnpreacher View Post
I'm disappointed.....no gratuitous hat pics....

Great report man!!
Thanks man. I had a great time.
The HatNet - yeah, I think I was so caught up trying to figure out the GoPro that I forgot about the hat. I'm not brainy enough to think about more than one thing at a time...
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 08:55 PM   #6
bluereiter
Stocker

Thanks for filling in the gap on the blueline report. youve really got it dialed in.
bluereiter is offline   Reply With Quote