NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-11, 08:51 PM   #1
wheretofishtoday
Native

Default Jones bridge tomorrow

I am yet to learn how to read the release schedule........Its rocket science I tell you, rocket science............ but how would jones bridge be tomorrow at 8a.m. tomorrow........ thanks in advance
Sam
Old 10-16-11, 06:36 AM   #2
UncleJesse
Native

No real science call the number below and add the hours to the release time.

Approximate time in hours for water release crest to reach various locations downstream from Buford Dam. To access information on the generation schedule call 770-945-1466.

Location Jones Bridge

Miles Downstream 19 Miles

Hours to Crest 6.5 Hours

Hours for water to Completely Recede 14 Hours
UncleJesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 02:18 PM   #3
thetroutslayer
Stocker

Follow the chart at this link:

http://dangerpop.com/rivers/the-chattahoochee-river/
thetroutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 03:17 PM   #4
dmbowen3
Stocker

Default Release and fishing

It takes about 4:30 hours for the water to start rising at Jones Bridge. To be safe you should start planning an exit around 4:15 after the release. This week they have been releasing in the AM which makes Jones Bridge unfishable after 11 or so. Tomorrow the water will reach Jones around 10:30 or 11. So, if you go to Jones tomorrow go early, or go to Settles after 10:00.
dmbowen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 03:49 PM   #5
fishmonger
Past Director, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbowen3 View Post
It takes about 4:30 hours for the water to start rising at Jones Bridge. To be safe you should start planning an exit around 4:15 after the release. This week they have been releasing in the AM which makes Jones Bridge unfishable after 11 or so. Tomorrow the water will reach Jones around 10:30 or 11. So, if you go to Jones tomorrow go early, or go to Settles after 10:00.
I disagree, Uncle Jessie has it right. The water is just arriving at Abbott's at 4:30 after start of release.

Here is a tip: take the times on the link Thetroutslayer gave you, and make a spreadsheet. Then you can call the water release line, input the data into your spreadsheet, and it will calculate the rise and fall at all the different access points. I have 2 days set up side by side, because yesterday's release often effects today's fishing.

FM
fishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 02:03 PM   #6
UncleJesse
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Here is a tip: take the times on the link Thetroutslayer gave you, and make a spreadsheet. Then you can call the water release line, input the data into your spreadsheet, and it will calculate the rise and fall at all the different access points. I have 2 days set up side by side, because yesterday's release often effects today's fishing.FM
Excel is not my strong suite so I made a chart, laminated it with clear tape and keep it in my float tube, I also have it on file on my computer. It's a simple matter of adding, calculators were still about 20 years in the future or weighed 50 lbs. when I was learning time and adding.
UncleJesse is offline   Reply With Quote