NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-14, 04:29 PM   #1
jonnybads
Native

Default decent day at JB yesterday evening.

Finally made it out to "my spot" at JB yesterday after work and netted a couple nice rainbows. no pictures as i was too pumped since it was the first time out in like 2 months. Ofcourse after i caught my first some hispanic person(is this carebear enough) saw it and proceeded to stand 5 ft behind me with his corn and bobber. after loudly voicing my frustrations indirectly towards him and continuing to cast as if he wasnt there i believe he did get the hint. as usual I caught all the trout on my secret dry fly, and its only a secret cause I dont know what its called. streamer fishing is just too boring.
jonnybads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 04:43 PM   #2
Trouter23
Native

You said "carebear".

Good to hear you enjoyed your time on the stream.

Timely trouting info - Rabun TU February 2018 newsletter

I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
-Lefty Kreh
Trouter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 05:04 PM   #3
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybads View Post
Finally made it out to "my spot" at JB yesterday after work and netted a couple nice rainbows. no pictures as i was too pumped since it was the first time out in like 2 months. Ofcourse after i caught my first some hispanic person(is this carebear enough) saw it and proceeded to stand 5 ft behind me with his corn and bobber. after loudly voicing my frustrations indirectly towards him and continuing to cast as if he wasnt there i believe he did get the hint. as usual I caught all the trout on my secret dry fly, and its only a secret cause I dont know what its called. streamer fishing is just too boring.
I believe it may be just ignorance of fishing etiquette, rules and regulations. Most every Hispanic person I know regardless of socio-economic status is respectful.

Alejarse por favor, get away please
Necesito más espacio, por favor, I need more space please
Tiene una licencia de pesca?, Do you have a fishing license?
Usted conoce las reglas, do you know the rules
Este es mi río, This is my river
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 05:59 PM   #4
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Glad you caught some fish. At least he only encroached on your personal fishing space - I was hit by a kayak Saturday and Sunday a canoe came within a couple of feet of me, said nothing, no apology, then stopped about twenty feet downriver of me and began fishing the same run I was fishing.

I guess I need a new life jacket since mine is camo they must not be able to see the 6' 5" 300 lb guy slinging a fly rod in the middle of the river.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 06:02 PM   #5
jonnybads
Native

yea thats why im going to start going to JB in the evening time, no earlier than 500pm, seems to be less issues with tubers at that time. i had a yaker come within a foot or two of me so i told him if he does it again to me i'm gonna drown him in the river.
jonnybads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 06:23 PM   #6
Uncle Fun
Native

I have been fishing JB on Friday evenings up until the release the last few weeks and generally have had the place pretty much to myself.

However this past week 20 of Centennial's Sr class showed up at the island at 6:00'ish for an impromptu happy hour. They were well behaved for the most part and didn't bother the fishing. Although they had a few new models show up, that I am sure they were not building when I was in high school!

I expect to be out there next Fri. as well.
Uncle Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 06:32 PM   #7
Yakbum
Stocker

Which side of the river is better to park, enter the water, wade etc.?
Yakbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 06:48 PM   #8
FishnHuntnNut
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
I believe it may be just ignorance of fishing etiquette, rules and regulations. Most every Hispanic person I know regardless of socio-economic status is respectful.

Alejarse por favor, get away please
Necesito más espacio, por favor, I need more space please
Tiene una licencia de pesca?, Do you have a fishing license?
Usted conoce las reglas, do you know the rules
Este es mi río, This is my river
ROFL. Sometimes there are some real gems here.

If we numbered these 1-5, is that last one 5 shots/beers in?

I am sorry to disappoint you all, but the awesome mullet in my avatar is not real.
FishnHuntnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 07:05 PM   #9
JKFlyfish
Native

I had a somewhat frustrating day at JB yesterday. I was not bothered too much by fisherman with no etiquette (first time in months this hasn't happened). All I managed was to hook 3 fish only to lose them right as I was bringing them in. It's probably due to my inexperience. I probably need to read up on properly setting the hook and playing the fish. I also had two separate canoes paddle within 4 feet me with no apology. Classic JB.
JKFlyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 09:53 PM   #10
JacobSilverblade
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKFlyfish View Post
I also had two separate canoes paddle within 4 feet me with no apology. Classic JB Urban River.
FTFY. Seriously though, tons of novice canoers and kayakers use the river (especially) on the weekends. This ain't a perfect world, get over it.
JacobSilverblade is offline   Reply With Quote