NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-17, 10:30 PM   #1
FlickNdip
Native

Default Trout Restoration in Denver

Pretty cool project that TU took on. It would be great if there was a trophy stream running through the city.

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 09:14 AM   #2
Philhutch80
Native

Default Super Sweet!!!

That is awesome!!! Too bad we are stuck with a poor excuse for a DH simply because nobody wants to be accountable for the river management, ahem looking at you Georgia Power and Morgan Falls. Iím sure that will bring some hate but personally I do not care as long term viability for the river is most important rather than the waste associated with poor management like we have now.
Does that include a thought of removing dams? No, this is based upon using what we have to help the river because neither dam is gonna be removed in ours or our childrenís lifetimes. This is not a knock on the people from the DNR but rather on the antiequated plan for fisheries currently employed. Those folks do the absolute best they can with what they are dictated to use and I couldnít be more thankful for their service. Reality is we are behind here and we need a change and the people who use the river need to lead the charge. NGTO and TU are two of reasons we have a fighters chance here! Thanks for the inspiration!
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 12:12 PM   #3
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Question And?

And where in Mile High did this project take place?
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 09:32 PM   #4
FlickNdip
Native

Sorry. Thought the link was in a hyperlink

https://www.tu.org/blog-posts/voices...stream-is-born

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 08:32 AM   #5
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
That is awesome!!! Too bad we are stuck with a poor excuse for a DH simply because nobody wants to be accountable for the river management, ahem looking at you Georgia Power and Morgan Falls. Iím sure that will bring some hate but personally I do not care as long term viability for the river is most important rather than the waste associated with poor management like we have now.
Does that include a thought of removing dams? No, this is based upon using what we have to help the river because neither dam is gonna be removed in ours or our childrenís lifetimes. This is not a knock on the people from the DNR but rather on the antiequated plan for fisheries currently employed. Those folks do the absolute best they can with what they are dictated to use and I couldnít be more thankful for their service. Reality is we are behind here and we need a change and the people who use the river need to lead the charge. NGTO and TU are two of reasons we have a fighters chance here! Thanks for the inspiration!
The Chattahoochee is one of the best trout streams in the US. The DH is just a bonus.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 11:21 AM   #6
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
The Chattahoochee WAS one of the best trout streams in the US. The DH is just a bonus.
FIFY. Sorry, but the Chattahoochee WAS once a Blue Ribbon rated trout stream. It lost that designation a looooong time ago. Your statement is misleadingly incorrect. The DH is a a throwback to when that part of the river WAS an amazing trout fishery! I wish there was more historical documentation around so that people could see what came out of these waters.
Old 12-18-17, 11:23 AM   #7
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
FIFY. Sorry, but the Chattahoochee WAS once a Blue Ribbon rated trout stream. It lost that designation a looooong time ago. Your statement is misleadingly incorrect.
Just keep fishing your DH section. Leave that bad water alone.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 12:22 PM   #8
fishmonger
Past Director, Hall of Flame

Quote:
FIFY. Sorry, but the Chattahoochee WAS once a Blue Ribbon rated trout stream. It lost that designation a looooong time ago. Your statement is misleadingly incorrect. The DH is a a throwback to when that part of the river WAS an amazing trout fishery! I wish there was more historical documentation around so that people could see what came out of these waters.
Really? You're crapping on the Hooch? The same Hooch that recently kicked out a couple of pretty nice fish for you, that you hold up when you need some trout cred?

The Chattahoochee River. Love it or leave it.

FM

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder
fishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 12:50 PM   #9
Dylar
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Really? You're crapping on the Hooch? The same Hooch that recently kicked out a couple of pretty nice fish for you, that you hold up when you need some trout cred?

The Chattahoochee River. Love it or leave it.

FM
It's certainly not inconceivable that a river can regularly pump out really nice fish and still be a shadow of its former self. Loving our fisheries doesn't require us to be blind to faults in their management, or to declines in their quality.
Dylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 01:46 PM   #10
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
Just keep fishing your DH section. Leave that bad water alone.
@huntfish, I see you are just trying to incite something for no reason. Wanna clue us in as to why please?