NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-18, 05:17 PM   #1
PHL425
Stocker

Default Biggest fish to date

Me and a buddy decided to try the public section of the Soque today. I didnít know that a public section even existed before today...

The morning started off good. We scouted out the parking areas and decided to start right at the bridge.We were in the water at around 9am and started hooking into stocker browns right out of the gate.

We started fishing upstream about 200 yards past the bridge and out of no where a huge rainbow smashed my #22 flashback midge. I fought her for about 8 minutes until she got worn down and my buddy got her netted. I was in shock and ecstatic that I had finally caught my first trophy trout. We didnít have a tape but we both figured the fish was around 20Ē so Iím just going to call it that lol.

All in all it was a hell of a day fishing and a day Iíll never forget. Now on to that brook trout Iíve been hunting...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8A981969-61BE-4830-A029-5279D65CEC39.jpg (17.7 KB, 273 views)
PHL425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 05:46 PM   #2
Back Country
Native

Sweet! Oink, oink.
Back Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 05:55 PM   #3
manderson2228
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL425 View Post
Me and a buddy decided to try the public section of the Soque today. I didnít know that a public section even existed before today...

The morning started off good. We scouted out the parking areas and decided to start right at the bridge.We were in the water at around 9am and started hooking into stocker browns right out of the gate.

We started fishing upstream about 200 yards past the bridge and out of no where a huge rainbow smashed my #22 flashback midge. I fought her for about 8 minutes until she got worn down and my buddy got her netted. I was in shock and ecstatic that I had finally caught my first trophy trout. We didnít have a tape but we both figured the fish was around 20Ē so Iím just going to call it that lol.

All in all it was a hell of a day fishing and a day Iíll never forget. Now on to that brook trout Iíve been hunting...
Where is public section located? I'll be up in that area the weekend after labor and would love to try my hand!
manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 06:21 PM   #4
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Dude nice work! That fish looks to have been in there a long time!

You were right up the road from me today, making me want to swing out there from the jobsite on lunch. Itís like .5 miles from there.
Old 08-28-18, 06:37 PM   #5
PHL425
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Where is public section located? I'll be up in that area the weekend after labor and would love to try my hand!
Its off of Hwy 197 at Jackson bridge. Good Luck!
Old 08-28-18, 06:43 PM   #6
PHL425
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
Dude nice work! That fish looks to have been in there a long time!

You were right up the road from me today, making me want to swing out there from the jobsite on lunch. Itís like .5 miles from there.
Thanks brotha! We figured it had washed down from some of the private water. Nice man, the fishing was awesome today. You ought to try tomm. Id be set if I could get a nice brown like you've got in your profile pic!
Old 08-30-18, 08:31 AM   #7
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Just pass the dip on Hwy 197.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 10:30 AM   #8
trad bow
Native

Congratulations on a super nice fish.
trad bow is offline   Reply With Quote