NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-18, 03:48 PM   #1
Dsaporsky
Native
 
Dsaporsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 122
Default Anything happening below Morgan falls?

Has anyone been catching any trout below Morgan falls dam recently? I know the river monsters run up from West Point and eat everything in sight, and the water temps in the summer are not trout friendly, but I'm still curious.
Dsaporsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 06:30 PM   #2
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame
 
browniez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hamilton Mill
Posts: 1,466
Default

The tube hatch scenery was good, but even that has begun to subside.
__________________
I like em big fat and sloppy.
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:03 PM   #3
Dsaporsky
Native
 
Dsaporsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
The tube hatch scenery was good, but even that has begun to subside.
Haha, true! The tube hatch is always fun times. So do I have to wait until November to catch fish in that section?
Dsaporsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 08:07 PM   #4
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame
 
browniez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hamilton Mill
Posts: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsaporsky View Post
Haha, true! The tube hatch is always fun times. So do I have to wait until November to catch fish in that section?
Go wade any of the major shoals and drift big nymphs, small streamers, or surface poppers. There is a good population of shoal bass in the fast water. You might turn into an addict. They like ledges, crevices, and fast water. And they fight really hard.

My recommendation would be to go try that! Trout would definitely be November though.
__________________
I like em big fat and sloppy.
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 11:55 AM   #5
muddy waters
Native
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
Go wade any of the major shoals and drift big nymphs, small streamers, or surface poppers. There is a good population of shoal bass in the fast water. You might turn into an addict. They like ledges, crevices, and fast water. And they fight really hard.

My recommendation would be to go try that! Trout would definitely be November though.
I've caught trout into mid-July below MF but they sure didn't look healthy. The best thing to do in that area right now is knock out 3 of the 5 bass you need for a slam. Rumor has it there's some small jaws in that section but I've never seen one or caught one
muddy waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 12:07 PM   #6
fredw
Native
 
fredw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Near the shores of Lake Oconee
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy waters View Post
I've caught trout into mid-July below MF but they sure didn't look healthy. The best thing to do in that area right now is knock out 3 of the 5 bass you need for a slam. Rumor has it there's some small jaws in that section but I've never seen one or caught one
Shoal, smallie and ??
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 09:24 PM   #7
muddy waters
Native
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredw View Post
Shoal, smallie and ??
I've caught shoal, spotted, and largies at whitewater creek. I guess 4 out of 5 if the smallies are around but every time I've thought I'd caught one it turned out to be a shoalie with the tail spot
muddy waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved