NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-18, 09:11 PM   #21
JerryG
Native

wow!
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 09:50 PM   #22
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbonejoey71 View Post
YI feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 09:51 PM   #23
erikclymore
Native

Quote:
You should consider fishing with only barbless hooks like I do. I can't imagine wanting to harm a majestic little rainbowed warrior, and barbless hooks enable me to quickly reel in my fish and release them without touching them at all! And... If you hook a larger than average specimen who is exerting too much energy, more often than not you can let the line go slack and the hook will come out. I try not to let my trout get tuckered out too much, their health is much more important than a photo.

P.S. I feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.
Ok. I canít help but think this is a joke.
Tell me itís a joke
erikclymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 10:24 PM   #24
buckman1
Native

Quote:
P.S. I feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.
Mercy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmFQsmDVCk

Last edited by buckman1; 03-07-18 at 11:04 PM.
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 10:29 PM   #25
Deerhuntingdawg
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by del Monte chucker View Post
Was hungry for a trout dinner so I headed to the best warmwater creek to catch trout in for a quick trip with my dad. Caught my limit in 2 hours with squirmy worms, glo bugs and also caught a few on trout magnets and powerbait trout worms and dough. Lost a section of my fly rod soon before leaving, so that sucked. Ordered an eagle claw featherlight 7í fly rod after getting home to replace it. After getting home, baked a few with some lemon pepper, lots of butter, sea salt and foil. Also fried up a few the next day in cornmeal salt lemon pepper and old bay.

https://i.imgur.com/eTRtWFq.jpg
Sounds glorious!
Deerhuntingdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 10:40 PM   #26
Lumis
Native

Quote:
You should consider fishing with only barbless hooks like I do. I can't imagine wanting to harm a majestic little rainbowed warrior, and barbless hooks enable me to quickly reel in my fish and release them without touching them at all! And... If you hook a larger than average specimen who is exerting too much energy, more often than not you can let the line go slack and the hook will come out. I try not to let my trout get tuckered out too much, their health is much more important than a photo.

I'll uh.... stick to my barbed hooks..
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 06:45 AM   #27
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
I guess I'll have to call TIPS. Wanton waste of wildlife.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 07:12 AM   #28
richf7
Native

Quote:

And several days later a 14Ē brown was found floating downstream. A postmortem revealed the poor critter had ingested half a granola bar and the entire plastic wrapper.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 09:04 AM   #29
milkbonejoey71
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclymore View Post
Ok. I canít help but think this is a joke.
Tell me itís a joke
Tragically, it's not a joke. I should have known better than to trout fish when the water temperature is 83 degrees. I accept responsibility for this loss to the fishery.
Old 03-07-18, 09:35 AM   #30
eyeflyfish
Native

The only redeeming part of this story is the corn kernel in the trout's belly grew to the sky where a great treasure could be found.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote