NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-12, 02:25 PM   #1
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

Default 2012 Sping Fling Volunteer Signup Thread

Hello everyone,

We are just a few weeks away from our annual Spring Fling at the Buford Hatchery on Saturday, March 24th and I wanted to go ahead and put out the official call for volunteers to help with the set up and production of this event. We have broken things down into the primary "buckets" of stuff that need to be accomplished and will form teams to support each major workstream. We need a team lead plus several volunteers to be on each team.

So, if you been wanting to get more involved here at NGTO, here is your chance. The BOD is grateful to those who step up and help each year, as this event would not be possible without the willing support of the NGTO membership. Please use this thread if there is a team you would like to volunteer to help with.

Friday Night Big Tent Set-up - this is an "if needed" team in case we are looking at potential rainy weather. We will not know if we need this done until very close to the date of the Fling. Please do not commit to this team unless you can be at the Hatchery Friday evening (March 23rd) to support. PS: It would be great if some NGTO'rs that live up Duluth way could fill these slots.
Team Lead: B Kar Ma
Team Members (4 needed):
1. Swamp Angel
2. Trout8myFly
3. Open
4. Chuck Morris
5. Slowstreamer

Saturday Morning Setup Crew (tables, chairs, etc) - this crew will need to be at the Hatchery early (7:00ish) to help get stuff set up and ready to go.
Team Lead: Gatorbyte
Team Members (4 needed)
1. Windknot is going turkey hunting instead.
2. Swamp Angel
3. Chuck Morris
4. Henry Wolfe
5. Txbuba

BBQ Support Team - this crew will help Brent and the Goldstar folks with all work needed to set up and support feeding the masses. Everything from pulling pork to setting up serving tables to keeping the feed troughs full!
Team Lead: B983
Team Members (2 needed, maybe one or two more closer to chow time):
1. Da Da's Fishing
2. Swampy's Meaux
3. Bonedog
4. Runner

Casting Games Support Team: This team will support the set up, judging and tear down of the fly casting course. This would be a great opportunity to work alongside some of the best fly casters in the state!
Team Lead: Team DeadDrift
Team Members (4 needed):
1. TBoy
2. 2Fly

Tear-Down and Clean-Up Team - this team will help with getting everything broken down and cleaned up after the Fling is over. A special thanks to those who are willing to be on this team and stick around to help us button things up!
Team Lead: Buck Henry
Team Members (5 needed):
1. Jimboyyy

Parking
Team Lead: - Buck Henry
Team Members (4 needed):
1. & 2. The Alatar Boys!

Drag Free Drift will also need some volunteers. Please see this thread for sign up to work streamside with Fishbreath, standing ably in for Terry Creech: http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91033

That's it, I think! We may identify a few more work teams as we go forward, but if we can get dedicated teams in place for the above items, we will be in pretty good shape. Thanks in advance for those willing to serve!

ETA: Corrected the Friday night date.

Last edited by Windknot; 03-04-12 at 07:04 PM. Reason: My hunt lease is undergoing a pulpwood makeover..gotta go!
Old 02-07-12, 04:16 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Count me in on Friday Night set up, although it 'pears to me that it might be a wise decision to schedule that fer March 23rd instead of March 18th, considerin' the Spring Fling is on the 24th.

An' since mah wife wishes to attend the Drag Free Drift Seminar, I reckon I'll be there early on Saturdee also too, so you kin add me to that "Set Up" list as well. (Even if I do gotta work fer a Florida reptilian-type feller. . .)

Mah beautimus wahf, Meaux, is a "lurker" and ain't even ever made a first post here, but she would lahk to volunteer fer the BBQ Support Team. (Don't worry, she talks gooder English than I do.)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 02-07-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-07-12, 04:45 PM   #3
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Oh, I suppose I'll be there Friday night as well. Shennanigans y'know. Always the shennangans...
Old 02-07-12, 04:49 PM   #4
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Sign me up for the following.

Friday Night Big Tent Set-up - this is an "if needed" team in case we are looking at potential rainy weather. We will not know if we need this done until very close to the date of the Fling. Please do not commit to this team unless you can be at the Hatchery Friday evening (March 23rd) to support. PS: It would be great if some NGTO'rs that live up Duluth way could fill these slots.
Team Lead: B Kar Ma
Team Members (4 needed):
1. Da Da's Fishing

BBQ Support Team - this crew will help Brent and the Goldstar folks with all work needed to set up and support feeding the masses. Everything from pulling pork to setting up serving tables to keeping the feed troughs full!
Team Lead: B983
Team Members (2 needed, maybe one or two more closer to chow time):
1. Da Da's Fishing
Old 02-07-12, 05:06 PM   #5
Chuck Morris
Director, Hall of Fame Member

I will be there Friday to try and keep the shenanigans somewhat in line.
Therefore I will be available for tent set-up, Saturday morning set-up, etc.
Old 02-07-12, 05:18 PM   #6
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

I will also be there Friday night to help with executing any shenanigans. Put me down for Tent setup team if needed and I will be available all day Sat. to help where ever needed.
Old 02-07-12, 05:24 PM   #7
Henry Wolfe
Hall of Fame Member

I'll set up Saturday am, and possibly teardown.
Old 02-07-12, 05:48 PM   #8
B Kar Ma
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Default Tent set up

Sounds like tent set up is handled! Now we just need to find someone that has actually set up that tent in the past....
Old 02-07-12, 06:23 PM   #9
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Kar Ma View Post
Sounds like tent set up is handled! Now we just need to find someone that has actually set up that tent in the past....
I've pitched a few tents in my younger days. Are we talking circus sized, or canopy or what?

Jamie
Old 02-07-12, 06:41 PM   #10
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

I'll help Tboy with the casting games. Those UGA guys aren't too good at math.
Closed Thread