NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-12, 04:24 PM   #1
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte
Default 2012 Fall Fling Auction Preview

With the Fall Fling that means it's fund raising time again! Even though this has been another very tough year for pretty much everyone on the planet, our sponsors and supporters are coming through in a big way with some great fund raising auction items The list below is just a partial listing as we still have donations coming in, so I will update this post as we get more items confirmed on the auction list. Starting saving up your money, you will not want to miss out on some of these great items that will be up for auction:

The Fish Hawk has been a loyal sponsor for years and theyíve really stepped up with some fantastic donations again:

Fishpond Blue River Chest/Lumbar Pack:

Yellowstone Wader Duffel

Montana Fly Company Large Waterproof Boat box with insert

MFC River Camo Fly Box

Cliff Outdoors Super Days Worth fly box

Other items include a wading staff, Simm's Backsaver wading belt, Simms Wet wading neoprene Socks, Rio Gold WF5wt Fly line, and a Buff in Brown trout pattern.

We've also had some other great items donated from the Atlanta Fly Fishing school including a fantastic Simms fly box full of Flies, Rio Bonefish Line and some other items that you'll want to get some raffle tickets for. In addition to these items, we've got a quite a few trips and gift certificates from a few sponsors. Stay tuned as I'll be posting more items in the coming weeks.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Old 10-25-12, 09:15 AM   #2
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Ok folks, Lots of stuff to add. We have a bunch of trips this year including one from a new sponsor, Frog Hollow. More details on that to come. Dave Eden of FlyCast Outfitters has come through with a big box of assorted gear including nippers, hemostats, fly boxes, a 5 wt rod set up (reel and line). and a bunch more. I'll post pics soon.

We've also got a beautiful Greys GRXi+ 8' 4wt rod with a matching G1 reel. It's a beautiful small stream rod.

Orvis Atlanta, A long time supporter of NGTO has donated a complete Streamline Outfit. It is an 8'6" 5wt midflex rod/reel/line and case combo.

Also, Baldea is organizing some fly tying bags that you'll definitely want to get in on. I even hear there are some very interesting materials such as Porcupine. Tell me the last time you've seen porcupine quills in a fly shop?

- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Old 10-25-12, 09:17 AM   #3
Gatorbyte

One more thing, I believe River's Edge Outfitters has also donated a bunch of gear, but I haven't seen that stuff yet so stay tuned and hopefully I'll be able to post it.

Old 10-30-12, 10:15 AM   #4
Gatorbyte

Here's a few more items to entice you. These are from Dave Edens at Fly Cast Outfitters.

First off is wide array of boxes, nippers, hemostats, etc.:

Next we have 4 piece 9' 5wt rod with rod tube. I've personal has one of these rods and it's a rocket. It is also a great streamer rod.

We also have matching reel and line.

This is a just a sampling of the items we will have at the fling. I know there is more coming on fling day. There will also be a lot of new trips we haven't had before.

Old 10-30-12, 11:30 PM   #5
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Default Really cool flies!

If you read fishmonmger's Cherokee report, he mentioned a lot of success using the eFlyz, which are made by his company Engineered Flies. And for the Fling fishmonger (a.k.a. Mark Keller) is donating five packs of five eFlyz each, and they look sweet! (I may need to buy a string of raffle tickets for each pack.)

Old 10-30-12, 11:41 PM   #6
hlduke82
Native

Is it possible to bid without being at the fall fling? I am headed out of town and can't make it. I would love to support the program. Let me if I can and how.
Old 10-30-12, 11:56 PM   #7
Trout8myfly

Default Must be present to win

Many of the items will be given away through raffles although a few will be done through silent auction. But in either case you must be present to win.

The only exception is that you can have a friend buy a string of tickets and tell them which bucket to fill. But then they have to be still around when the tickets are drawn.
Old 10-31-12, 03:13 PM   #8
Trout8myfly

Well we're getting a preview of the items and trips and services being donated and I for one am getting darn excited!
Besides the prizes above (and more that we haven't listed) sponsors are donating weekend cabin getaways, guided and unguided fishing trips, and access to trophy trout water. Al in all, an excellent collection of donations!

Only a few days left!
Old 10-31-12, 04:00 PM   #9
Gatorbyte

Just talked to the BBQ master and he has secured donations from River's Edge Outfitters which includes a a cabin rental and fishing on the private stretch up in Spruce Pine. He also got a Simms bag, a humidor, and some Chota Knee high Waders. These are a Super cool item that I've been coveting. I think these are the ones he descibed to me:

Old 11-01-12, 10:53 PM   #10
Gatorbyte

I have some great news about a special raffle we will be having this year. We have several new sponsors this year and I'm proud to announce that Oyster Bamboo/Blue Ridge Fly Fishing is now a sponsor for NGTO. Thanks to them, we will be raffling off a beautiful Hardy Cascapedia Reel 5/6/7 and Bill Oyster will include custom engraving for the winner. This is definitely a one of a kind item and we will be selling only 150 raffle tickets for this reel at $5.00 each. They'll be available at the Fling and the drawing will be on December 8th (unless all the tickets are sold at the Fling and we will draw then).

The Hardy Cascapedia:

Bill Oyster is an amazing engraver. Here are samples of his work:
http://oysterbamboo.com/bamboo-fly-r...e-gallery.html

Closed Thread