NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-13, 04:16 PM   #11
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

There are several certificates for trips that I will post as I organize them. So far they include: Fishing with Henry Cowen, Nacoochee Bend, Creekwood resorts, Atlanta Fly Fishing School, Frog Hollow Fishing, and Cabin By the Creek.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Old 10-12-13, 04:46 PM   #12
TroutHead1620
Native

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
I will also be bringing my trout sculpture the morning of the Fling.

WOW!! Cant wait to see it
Old 10-17-13, 08:50 PM   #13
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Not exactly an auction item, but just got these in today and they'll be available at the fling. And, there is no intention of selling them online. These are top quality hats. From left to right, The Game, Richardson, and Mossy Oak. They're available while supplies last. They're a bargain $15.00 each.

- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson

Last edited by Gatorbyte; 10-18-13 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-19-13, 09:04 PM   #14
Gatorbyte

From our New Sponsor: Fly Box Outfitters

I'm not sure if there is any one rod for fishing Dukes, but if there is, this might be it. Rarely do you see short rods in 5wt which mean it can really handle the big fish and being a touch shorter than the usual 9' rod means you'll be able to negotiate those pesky rhododendrons a little easier. It come complete with the rod sock, tube, and Orvis 25 year warranty.

Orvis T3 7'9" 5wt 2 piece Mid Flex Rod

Willie has matched up the rod with a new in box:
TFO NXT I Reel for 4-6wt lines

Old 10-19-13, 09:17 PM   #15
Gatorbyte

From David Eden at Fly Cast Charters

Dave has come through with again this year. We have a box of goodies that is chock full of nippers, leaders, tippet, Stream side tools, and fly boxes. He's also sent us a brand new 8'6" 4wt 4 piece rod. I took a moment to try out this stick and it's a cannon. You'll be able to throw dries, nymphs and Streamers with this rod.

Old 10-19-13, 10:00 PM   #16
Fish factor
Native

Wow gonna have to bring some coin for these baby's both nice outfits
Old 10-22-13, 06:37 AM   #17
Gatorbyte

Default And the Items continue to come in

Steve Hudson has been a long time supporter of NGTO and graciously donated the following items. His books are top notch and an incredible resource.

1) An autographed copy of the book "Flyfishing 101," Steve's new intro to fly fishing book designed for beginners, along with a dozen flies tied by the author.

2) An autographed copy of the book "Tying Flies for Stocked Trout," along with a kit of materials for tying many of the flies described in the book.

3) A "Unicoi State Park" special package, consisting of autographed copies of two books ("Fisherman's Guide to Unicoi State Park" and "Hiking Unicoi") and a dozen flies tied especially for Smith Creek DH fishing in Unicoi State Park

4) A "Fly Tyer's Selection" of chenille, a big bag of chenille suitable for tying all sorts of flies.

5) A "kit of materials" for building a desktop fly tying station, along with instructions (from the book "Building Your Own Fly Tying Tools" by Steve Hudson). The materials are cut but not finished at all, allowing the builder to do a lot of customizing. The instructions allow the pieces to be put together in one configuration, of course, but there are LOTS of other ways...that's half the fun and the idea behind this "kit of materials" approach!

...and...

6) A "Chattahoochee DH" special, consisting of a copy of Aaron Sago's "Fly Fisherman's Guide to the Chattahoochee Delayed Harvest" (Chattahoochee Media publishes this one) along with a dozen flies for the Chattahoochee DH tied by the publisher.

Old 10-22-13, 07:30 AM   #18
Gatorbyte

Default Certificates

We have several "Trips" That will be up for raffle or Auction.

Creekwood Resorts 1 cabin 2 nights for 2 people

David Edens of Fly Cast Charters 4 hour charter fishing trip

Atlanta Fly Fishing School There are 2 of these: Fly Fishing or Fly Casting School

Henry Cowen 1/2 day (4 hour) Fishing Lake Lanier (Stripers), Lake Alatoona (Stripers/Hybrids), or Chattahoochee River (Carp)

Fern Valley trophy Trout Fishing Full day fishing for two.

Last edited by Gatorbyte; 10-22-13 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-22-13, 07:58 AM   #19
Gatorbyte

Mark Keller of eFlyz has donated several boxes of Flies this fall. These are really innovative and have caught everything from Saltwater to Trout. Thanks to Mark for his generosity!

Old 10-23-13, 06:43 AM   #20
Gatorbyte

From River's Edge Fly Shop in Cherokee, NC

The guys up in NC have really come through this year. Among other items, they've donated a sweet reel by Montana Fly Company.
Madison IIa, 4-5 wt. and the pattern is Sundell's "October Brown". I know I'll be putting a few tickets in this raffle bucket.

Closed Thread