NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-09, 06:26 PM   #21
TheEndlessEnigma
Hall of Fame Member

Apparently they have come out of the hills in search of a bigger thrill. I think the economy has a lot to do with it and people are desperate to get their fixes. Fact of life I suppose. Not condoning it in any way but really the only way to stop all this is to start executing people and quit giving them three hots and a cot in a cushy jail cell. Why do real work..... when you can steal and if you get caught you still have a better deal?
TheEndlessEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 08:27 PM   #22
motorbobb
Native

Default the same story, same spot, many years ago

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

About six years ago, I stopped at the same spot on the way home from work. Left my work clothes in the car and did something I never do - left my wallet in the car - and headed to the river.

Within 15 minutes of hitting the water, I was notified by the ranger that my car had been broken into. The scumbags had my wallet and their path of crime was very apparent from the chronology of the spending on my credit cards - Quicktrip, Champs at Northpoint, Toys are us, Sports Authority, and then the mall. Stopped the transactions in mid-stream as they were trying to buy a $500 gift card at Rich's.

Park police said that the break ins were not that unusual and that seeral previous apprehended burglars were fine members of the apartments around the park.

Dont leave valuables in the car and best to leave unlocked.

I believe a successful sting was step up several years ago at Whitewater. Good luck!
motorbobb is offline   Reply With Quote