NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-09, 01:30 PM   #1
Gillseeker
Native

Default Theft at Island Ford

Left work early yesterday and hurried home to get my gear. Wasn't sure where I was gonna fish exactly so I took my custom made 6wt and my Winston BIIx 5wt and my waders and went to Island Ford for a little fishing. Stopped at the first parking lot and it was deserted so I decided to do a little wet wading soI left my Winston and my waders in the car and headed down the trail. Had some good luck and landed about a dozen fish and went back up to my car. The back window was busted out and my Winston was gone.

There is no way anyone could have known it was back there because the windows are so dark and the rod was in the space between the third seat and the hatch. It was the Fantasy Goddess' truck so I had to call in a favor and get her glass replaced this morning without her knowing about it. It really sux to lose your favorite possession but it is my own fault.

Take only what you need and leave the rest at home.
Gillseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:00 PM   #2
ccorneli
Native

Default scum bags

That sucks. I had the back window of my truck busted out one night in athens, all they took were some CD's! I hate scum bags like that. If you left your door unlocked or windows down I would agree it was your fault, but when some d!ckhead smashes your window in without knowing whats in there, thats about as low as you can get. Check the local pawn shops, I dont imagine it went very far.
ccorneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:06 PM   #3
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Default sorry to hear that

Dan -

Sorry to hear that, I always worry, but haven't had a problem yet. Some scumbag is out there with a fancy cane pole. Did you report it? Hate to think that this could be the start of spree

Scott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:09 PM   #4
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Hate to hear it Dan. Gunne loses his toon and now your Winston is gone. Do you happen to know what the serial number was ? -- I believe it is written on all 4 pieces on a Winston.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:09 PM   #5
Jakal03
Native, Official Taunter of UGA

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I've had my truck broken into once before. They took my friggin cell phone and iPod.......not the $1K worth of tools sitting in the back seat . After they had thrown a boulder at my truck to bust the window, hitting my door several times in the process....It cost more to fix the window and door than it did to replace what I lost. I noticed the other day at the canoe launch side of Cochran Shoals that there was glass everywhere. Since my truck was broken into, I generally try and make sure there is nothing of value left in my truck when I leave it and leave the windows rolled down a bit. That way if someone really wants in, they don't have to break anything.
By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
Jakal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:18 PM   #6
cgarofalo
Native

Stories like this boil my blood. Smash and grab thieves are pathetic wastes of life that have absolutely no respect for their victims and I will give them none in return. You should "hunt over bait." Leave some cash and a cell phone on the passenger seat of a vehicle, then hide in the nearby woods with a bat and wait. You may find out who has your Winston.

The sad thing is, he will probably only get a few crack rocks for your Winston..........most drug dealers/pawn shop owners don't know the value of a fine flyrod.
cgarofalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:21 PM   #7
FairWeatherFisherman
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

I hate it for you man. My truck got ripped off at the house Sunday evening. The dumb *** took the foot control pedal to a Minn Kota Terrova trolling motor. I'm sure that jerk will get top dollar for it.
FairWeatherFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 02:28 PM   #8
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

Default Sorry, Dan

I hate feeling violated, and I imagine you do, too. I hope the perp spends time with a 350 pound cellmate biker named Pork Chop, who calls him Sweety.

Maybe you need a cute little puppy. Named Cujo.
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 04:19 PM   #9
Granddad
Native

Default So sorry about that!

What a shame! RScott was very kind in showing me around IF, and I was really looking forward to going again. Now I'm wondering whether I should. On the other hand, I hate to think we'd let a scumbag like that keep us off the water. I like to think of myself as a pretty peaceful guy, but something like this really ticks me off and makes me think the baseball bat idea has some merit!
Bill
Granddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 05:33 PM   #10
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Dan,
Truly...that sucks!
I'd like to catch some thug in the act and beat the ever-living snot out of them with the Ted Kluzuski (White Sox-late 50's early to mid 60's) Adirondack 44 oz bat I keep in my truck..(you know, in case I want to play some ball) ...
Apart from that, I am sorry it happened. The guy who owns/works at our friendly neighborhood package store got robbed last night. He took 4 shots from a 40 Glock...lucky the bandit's aim was no better than his judgement. Mike will br back at work this Thursday, since the wounds were all through muscle mass and no organs were hit.
Still, it makes a hard case for us to forgive theft. We have had thefts before and we live in a "good neighborhood". I have experienced a feeling of violation...like who's been handling my stuff and what did they handle, but decide not to steal??

Makes me wish Steven Segal or Clint Eastwood was around when you needed them.

Tight lines!
Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote