NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-18, 01:59 PM   #11
Trouter23
Native

Three weeks ago, when it was pouring down rain and most places were blown out, Smith was fishable. It required different tactics - mainly seeking out slower water - but the fish were there and biting. Even when Smith is higher and faster than that, the fish still bite. I wouldn't let this rain cause you to stay home, man. Just be safe and look for the flood refuges and you should hook up with some. Let us know how you do, man.

The slower water against the left bank behind the tree out of the way of the rushing water is where I caught the first fish of the day.

See the tree in the middle of this picture? The water behind it is usually about an inch in depth. That day, I caught a fish in that slow water behind the tree.

Old 05-19-18, 08:34 AM   #12
orey10m
Native

Wow Great info yall, thanks!

..unfortunately it does look like the area got even more rain. And the gauge is well over 200 cfs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-18, 02:28 PM   #13
Trouter23
Native

The orange triangles don't indicate how wadeable a stream is. They represent the median flow over the past few decades. Discharge has been 250 cfs and below all week.

The water in the above pictures is when the Helen gauge was running at 800-1000 cfps, and it was fishable. I hope you went fishing, man.
Old 05-19-18, 10:52 PM   #14
orey10m
Native

Oh wow, did not realize those pictures were from that high of water on the hooch gauge.
I definitely should have come up then! I did end up fishing, but just went to buford dam.
I am going to give it a try tomorrow morning then

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk