NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-18, 11:14 PM   #11
Lumis
Native

A worthy fundraiser and a very nice setup. Take the chance folks
Lumis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-18, 12:24 PM   #12
fish2little
Native

Those are some good pics! Especially where the helicopter is coming in to land and take-off...

I'm currently having to live vicariously through you guys here on the site, so please, keep the pics and stories coming. Thanks!
Old 07-12-18, 12:05 AM   #13
Trouter23
Native

This is the 24 hour last call folks! The drawing will be held next Thursday 19 July (new date) and I'll be sure to update this thread with the winner.

Thank you for your support thus far. We really, really appreciate it, and so do those whom your ticket purchases are helping.
Old 07-12-18, 05:14 PM   #14
Lumis
Native

PM'd ya.
Lumis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 04:47 PM   #15
random_lengths
Native

So you may be thinking..... "I have enough fly rods already, why do I need another one?"

Well, let me tell you: this rod is one-of-a-kind. Not only is it made from a Winston BII-X boron/graphite blank, but the detail in the custom building is incredible. The wrappings, the reel seat, the cork handle, it is all beautiful. I would guess that this rod and reel combo is easily worth $800.

An 8.5 foot 4 weight rod would be perfect for most Southern Appalachian trout fishing. The rod has a nice, crisp action but is definitely not "stiff".

Anyone who knows Mack Martin knows that he only does the best quality work - this is a rod that is a work of art but is also one that you would use.

And purchasing raffle tickets is a good way to show your support for cold water conservation in North Georgia. The Rabun Chapter has a long history of stream improvement projects, supporting the Forest Service and DNR, providing education for young people, among many other things. Next time you're up on Tallulah River, check out the handicap-accessible fishing pier fully funded by the Rabun Chapter and the GA Council. A purchase of raffle tickets is for a good cause.

Tell you what: buy $20 worth of raffle tickets. If you don't win the rod, then at least you've "put your money where your mouth is" and supported trout conservation in GA. And if you do win the rod and don't want it, I'll buy it from you for $200. Heck, you just made a 100% return on your investment!

Pat Hopton
Rod Raffle Coordinator and Tightlines Editor
random_lengths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-18, 12:16 AM   #16
Trouter23
Native

Congratulations to Rabun Chapter member, Tony Allred, as the 2018 rod raffle winner!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support. Your ticket purchases will be put to good use on our North Georgia trout streams.