NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-14, 09:12 PM   #61
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

I hate it when this happens

-------------------------------

Somali Suicide bomber kills self

AP News | Mar 15, 2014

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) A Somali police officer says a suicide car bomber accidentally detonated his explosives near a popular hotel in the Somali capital.

Capt. Mohamed Hussein said the bomber appeared to have prematurely detonated his explosives-laden car Saturday as he tried to park near a hotel. No others were hurt or killed in the blast.

The al-Qaida linked group al-Shabab frequently carries out attacks against the Somali government, the U.N. and African Union peacekeepers. Late last month, a suicide car bomber detonated his explosives-laden car at a teashop near Somalia's intelligence agency headquarters, killing at least 12 people.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 12:04 AM   #62
hlduke82
Native

I hope you hate it more when a whole class of would be suicide bombers gets blown up. Recently, a whole class got blown up in Iraq, because the teacher didn't follow the lesson plan. He used live explosives in class, which was not recommended.
hlduke82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 04:12 AM   #63
retiredmp
Good Idea Fairy Hunter

Whatever it takes for radicals to have miss steps and unable to have a successful mission (detonation) is a win inside of my book. I have seem successful detonations and I have witnesses failures. Failures are fantastic - they press and press and crap doesn't happen. Sometimes the good side wins - karma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 08:08 AM   #64
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

..as H. W. Longfellow said...

Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience he stands waiting,
With exactness grinds he all.

Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-14, 10:34 AM   #65
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Wink Settle For Bombs

I will gladly settle for a nice accidental bomb blast taking out some terrorist(s). But I would prefer that a class room full of terrorists would suddenly be stricken with a blast of enlightenment, sound reasoning, common sense, and the roots of their own religion as opposed to the radical side so many fall prey to. But until then, a little C4 goes a long way in cleansing!
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 12:19 PM   #66
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default Stupid Criminals

From AJC.com

More arrests at Georgia, and Herbstreit jumps Richt
Posted: Tuesday, March 18 2014 10:04 AM EDT

There goes that quiet offseason.

By now youve probably heard that Georgia, not unaccustomed to unflattering headlines in the offseason, had four football players arrested for theft by deception, a misdemeanor.

The four players: starting safety Trey Matthews, wide receiver Uriah LeMay and defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor and James DeLoach. Their crimes: Double-dipping on $71.50 stipend checks. They would do this by depositing the checks with a picture on their smartphone apps, then quickly cashing the same checks at a convenience store.

If we go on the assumption that the four players are not in the Terry College of Business and werent doing this as credit hours toward their MBAs, lets say that theyre beyond stupid for thinking they wouldnt get caught.

Sent from my Obamaphone II using Tapatalk v.2.01

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 01:01 PM   #67
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
If we go on the assumption that the four players are not in the Terry College of Business and weren't doing this as credit hours toward their MBAs, lets say that they're beyond stupid for thinking they wouldn't get caught.
Obviously, UGA isn't recruiting football players for brains. (If the arraignment of these players goes through quickly enough, my LSU Tigers may be able to recruit them from the JC's that they decide to attend after Coach Richt boots them from his team.)

Seriously - WTH is wrong with kids these days? This is just about the stupidest stunt they could possibly try to pull off.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 03:58 PM   #68
UncleJesse
Native

Once upon a time, when the world was larger and less round, there were buildings call "Athletic Dorms" where college athletics were housed, fed and checked upon by coaches with great regularity. And the "Student Athletes" got into a lot less trouble. And the federal judge said it's not right to have special housing for athletics and the athletic dorms went away and the young athletic began living off campus and finding great ways to dishonor themselves and their universities. It would probably be a good idea for college students in general, but especially scholarship athletes, not to have phones that are smarter than they are.
Old 03-18-14, 04:26 PM   #69
Swamp Angel
President

And after hearing the "Sermon on the Hill" from Uncle Jesse, all the faithful said, "Amen."

Well, said, Uncle Jesse!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 05:01 PM   #70
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Tray Matthews #28, was one of the alleged culprits. Just plain stupid, dumb donkey. A 15 yard penalty plus 1-2 in the pokey and serve 3 years probation while at LSU. (That's a joke Swampy). LSU has the highest graduation rate of their College Football Players than any other SEC team.

Someone needs to investigate that......
It's nice to talk College Football. Spring training opens t'row.

Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote