NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-14, 08:13 PM   #11
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
I don't know all the details and I reserve the right to be wrong. Making money is American. NCAA has to rethink. Richt makes Millions and Gurley makes a few 100's and gets suspended. Making money is not a crime
UGA had no choice in the matter.. A&M had a month or so to "sort out the facts".. I hope this is cleared-up soon and we see him on the field next week. But, that frosh running back (Chub?) looks like he can fill-in pretty well.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 08:48 PM   #12
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Latest I have seen is that he signed stuff, but unlike the Johnny football case, the guy who gave him money is shopping the video of him signing stuff. Bad bad news all the way around. Even if they don't find any evidence, they can investigate for weeks and he sits until cleared. I'm betting 4 games like A.J. back by Auburn, but we'll be 2-2 in the next 4 if we're lucky.

DD F
Old 10-09-14, 11:01 PM   #13
hlduke82
Native

He didn't get caught soon enough my son goes to Vanderbilt
hlduke82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 06:46 AM   #14
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
It's Mark R's excuse so he will have someone else to blame of his lack of success at UGA.
Ding, ding, ding.....
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 06:59 AM   #15
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

In a seemingly unrelated story, Arthur Blank's private jet was seen taking off this morning from PDK and appeared to be on a heading towards Athens, GA.

All kidding aside; can he just quit college and join the NFL? If I was him, I would! Clearly he is motivated by money, so why not just go pro?

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 07:08 AM   #16
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
In a seemingly unrelated story, Arthur Blank's private jet was seen taking off this morning from PDK and appeared to be on a heading towards Athens, GA.

All kidding aside; can he just quit college and join the NFL? If I was him, I would! Clearly he is motivated by money, so why not just go pro?
Yep....Following another UGA running back.....
Old 10-10-14, 07:45 AM   #17
53flattie
Native

Quote:
I don't know all the details and I reserve the right to be wrong. Making money is American. NCAA has to rethink. Richt makes Millions and Gurley makes a few 100's and gets suspended. Making money is not a crime

Totally agree with this.
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 08:18 AM   #18
Swamp Angel
President

What I'm interested in is the autograph dealer's sudden motivation to out Gurley. And why is his name being withheld? He was willing to make an accusation that directly affects the life of a young man as well as possibly having a significant detrimental impact on UGA's athletic dept and revenues. It's interesting to note that the videos shows Gurley simply signing items but no money being exchanged.

I have no dawg in this hunt, being that I'm an LSU Tiger and UGA isn't even on our schedule this year, but I smell an outhouse rat in this story. Methinks yon sleazy autograph peddler hath ulterior motives. I'll wait for the investigation to be completed. Hopefully Gurley will be cleared. Ultimately, Gurley or UGA should OWN this dirtbag (or take him to meet Jimmy Hoffa for dinner).
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-14, 08:35 AM   #19
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
What I'm interested in is the autograph dealer's sudden motivation to out Gurley. And why is his name being withheld? He was willing to make an accusation that directly affects the life of a young man as well as possibly having a significant detrimental impact on UGA's athletic dept and revenues. It's interesting to note that the videos shows Gurley simply signing items but no money being exchanged.

I have no dawg in this hunt, being that I'm an LSU Tiger and UGA isn't even on our schedule this year, but I smell an outhouse rat in this story. Methinks yon sleazy autograph peddler hath ulterior motives. I'll wait for the investigation to be completed. Hopefully Gurley will be cleared. Ultimately, Gurley or UGA should OWN this dirtbag (or take him to meet Jimmy Hoffa for dinner).
Swampy I agree but Gurley also knows the rules. Both UGA and NCAA provide rules training to administration, coaches and players (all sports). Gurley knew better, and the coaches had their heads in the sand. They have absolutely no choice in the matter.
Old 10-10-14, 09:12 AM   #20
gawhitetail
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post

For his own protection. If certain parties of the first part were known to certain parties of the second part, the party of the first part might find himself at the bottom of a well. Coward.