NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Environmental / DNR > Environmental Issues / Conservation
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-17, 11:06 AM   #471
GAjohn
Native

Any updates Stony?
GAjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-17, 09:07 PM   #472
fishndoc
Native

TVA was up to some weirdness Friday: the river flow rose and fell a couple of times during the day, more than baseline non-release flow but less than a full release, then followed by the river turning pea soup green???
Was still opaque and greenish Saturday morning until rains came and it turned muddy.
fishndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 02:21 PM   #473
cucarachafly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucarachafly View Post
It seems like it's been a while since any info has been mentioned about the old river. While my work schedule has kept me from fishing much at all, the last 3 or 4 times have been less than horrible. The last 2 times produced no fish at all and not even the site of a fish. Granted I am wading just one area and only been in the water for an hour or two.

This was case as recently as yesterday (12/26). I saw only 1 boat come through with a long-time guide on the river that mentioned his last few trips have produced very, very little. I'm just wondering if there are any updates from John Damer and the status of the "dam repairs", as I like to call them.

I miss the old river.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAjohn View Post
Any updates Stony?
I'd like to think no news is good news but based on history, I'm no so convinced. Here we are rapidly approaching warmer days and still no mention if the dam is even fixed or not from last October.
cucarachafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 06:01 PM   #474
flyway
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishndoc View Post
TVA was up to some weirdness Friday: the river flow rose and fell a couple of times during the day, more than baseline non-release flow but less than a full release, then followed by the river turning pea soup green???
Was still opaque and greenish Saturday morning until rains came and it turned muddy.
Alarm went off at the dam just before dark Friday evening but I didn't stay around to see if there was a release. The water was pretty cloudy at horseshoe Saturday morning but clear again later in the day.
The river could use a good flush as wading stirs up lots of mud from the moss on the water.
I caught rainbows and browns at Curtis, Horseshoe, and above Curtis. Some on top and others on the dropper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
flyway is offline   Reply With Quote