NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-18, 03:57 PM   #21
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
It's a good idea to use wading booties, like a wet suit they recirculate warmth through your feet. Ain't saying I don't leave with numb toes and sometimes am shivering, but...

Also, there are things you can do to attenuate the cold setting in so fast - heated socks. Heated hand warmers; warm hats and sleeves. on a 90 degree day with shorts, boots, and a long sleeve shirt on, your top half is warm, sometimes hot and your bottom half is cool, sometimes cold. All that being said, more times than not, in the summer, I find myself dipping my hands in the water to wet my arms and dipping my hat in the water to cool my sweaty head.
or you could just wear waders.

Talking about rock snot. Somewhere around Haw Creek there is a rock that is about six feet long, flat as a table top, but inclined slightly. I got on the top end of that thing one day without a wading staff and began to slide in slow motion. Couldn't think of anything to do to stop. Two friends standing off a way watching me. All we could do was laugh as I slowly slid down.
Must have taken 15 seconds until I went off the end...boom...up to my neck. That cold water sucks the wind right out of ya.
Old 07-17-18, 04:38 PM   #22
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Best analogy I have seen about the rocks there. You HAVE to have a wading staff or long handled net to safely get around.
I couldn’t wade the Hooch without one.
richf7 is online now   Reply With Quote