NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-18, 10:32 AM   #1
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Default Itís been way too long

A few weekends ago I had a strange free weekend to actually get to wet a line. Between work, rain and honey doos the fishing has been really nonexistent for me for way too long.

So we packed up the Jeep and made our way out to Blue Ridge and hit what Iíll call PAC Man Creek.

Saw tons of motorcycles riding up, down and all over the forest service roads which was weird. Literally we saw no less than 50 in the first 30 minutes of pulling off the pavement. Eventuality we got to our destination and started to rig up when Spencer says ďdad get out your licenseĒ. Confused as Iíve never had a license check where we were but it was a pleasant surprise. After a little bit of conversation we hiked off to start he day.

On the walk in I noticed these. Not sure what they are but thought they were neat looking.

Spencer immediately got the skunk off with a horny head.

Then we started catching rainbows majority like this one. Thanks Splatek for the hat net idea, only issue was they kept sliding out the opening in the back of the hat!

Best one of the day.

Called it a day shortly after the last one as the rains came in and like all 14 year olds Spencer was hungry and had a hankering for some Dairy Queen. All and all a great day for some cold water therapy.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 10:46 AM   #2
jonmo
Native

Nice report - Thanks for sharing..Ever figure out what was up with all the bikes up there?

Doc
jonmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 10:55 AM   #3
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

According to the LE who checked my license it was some kind of rally which was partially why he was there to ensure they were not tearing the place up and not breaking any speed limits.

We actually startled one guy who evidently didnít expect to see us walking up out of the woods. He promptly dumped his bike in a mud puddle and hopped back on and rode off embarrassed that he wrecked doing 5mph or less.

Old 06-21-18, 11:50 AM   #4
swampguts
Native

Send a message via ICQ to swampguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldea View Post
According to the LE who checked my license it was some kind of rally which was partially why he was there to ensure they were not tearing the place up and not breaking any speed limits.

We actually startled one guy who evidently didnít expect to see us walking up out of the woods. He promptly dumped his bike in a mud puddle and hopped back on and rode off embarrassed that he wrecked doing 5mph or less.
Ha!
swampguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 12:19 PM   #5
natureman
Native

Nice report. The 2nd photo of the tall white vegetation is know as Indian Pipe. https://botany.org/Parasitic_Plants/...a_uniflora.php
natureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 01:45 PM   #6
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

and Spencer outfished you again, huh?

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 02:20 PM   #7
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

Nice report. Felt like a I was there except it seems I wasnít. Did it rain at all? Any selfies taken?

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-18, 05:50 AM   #8
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbyte View Post
Nice report. Felt like a I was there except it seems I wasnít. Did it rain at all? Any selfies taken?

Yes you were there. Yes it rained. And yes selfies were taken.

Scott Spencer didnít out fish me. Luckily he LDRíd one as he was making his way closer to dry land to take a pic.

Old 06-25-18, 07:52 PM   #9
Killer Kyle
Native

Y'all got into some great fish!! Hard to beat soaking the feet in a cold creek, ain't it?!
Good work fellas!!!
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-18, 05:25 AM   #10
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Really pretty fish glad you got away from the rat race and into some wild fish.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote