NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Salt Water Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-14, 03:37 PM   #1
DavidEdens
NGTO Sponsor

Default St. Simons Winter Fishin'

It has been a long time since I have had a chance to put up a fishing report. It is winter in St. Simons and the red fish are in their big winter time schools. We have just gone through some high winds and high tides, so the water right now is a little murky. Next week, the tides will recede and if we don't have a great deal of wind, the water clear.

This time of year is when the sight fishing on low tide is best. If we have a clear day with light winds, the fishing can be off the charts.

My guys have been catching some big, big red fish on the fly. Recent catches are 12, 10 and 13 lbs. Check them out. Not many inshore red fish get much bigger than these.

We also had a great Marsh Hen hunt in early December

If you get those North Georgia Winter Time blues, come on down to St. Simons and try tangling with some big red fish on the fly.
www.flycastcharters.com
FFF Certified Casting Instructor
Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide
DavidEdens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 05:04 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

I would say that's a fairly decent report, David. Those photos of the redfish have me lookin' fer my super-secret stash of special Cajun spices!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 10:09 PM   #3
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

I'd like to add that Dave is a long-time member of NGTO as well as a sponsor.

Nice report Dave!

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-14, 11:11 PM   #4
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I'd like to add that Dave is a long-time member of NGTO as well as a sponsor.
And a rather generous sponsor if I do say so, as I look back over this past year. It's kinda nice havin' a saltwater man support our trout habit.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 04:08 AM   #5
fredw
Native

And a fine fellow to spend the day with too.
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote