NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO Flings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-12, 09:39 PM   #1
Fishbreath
Hall of Fame Member

Send a message via AIM to Fishbreath
Default 2012 Spring Fling Drag Free Drift Seminar.

Back by popular demand for the Spring Fling is the highly popular Drag Free Drift seminar. What is this you may wonder? Basically at the Drag Free Drift seminar we will cover how to become a better nymph fisherman. We will start with an explanation of all the how to's of rigging up for success to catch trout. Afterwards, we will go over the most effective casts to keep you from getting tangled up constantly. Finally we will get you paired up with an experienced mentor and actually go out on the river and put what you learned into practice.

This seminar has been hugely popular in years past and I know has helped some guys improve their catch rate tremendously. Sign up for this free and awesome event.

Past DFD graduates and any other expereinced guys, if you would like to volunteer your knowledge, it would be much appreciated. I hope to see a large turnout for this year!

Landon

Last edited by Trout8myfly; 02-07-12 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added year in title
Old 02-06-12, 10:12 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

I'm gonna be lookin' closely ever' single day fer the sign up list. Mah wife, Meaux, would very much like to attend this seminar and learn from that young Jedi known formally as Rainbow Lover. You know, the one that recently turned to the Dark Side and has become Sith Lord Darth Fishbreath.

Seriously, I learned a lot from y'all last year, and hope to be allowed to participate in the seminar this year as a refresher. Thanks for bringing this one around again. This one will never grow old!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Old 02-06-12, 10:13 PM   #3
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Landon,

Just wanted to say how much we appreciate you taking on leading this class. I know that Mr. Creech would love to be there with you, but he is still on the mend (get well Terry!).

Folks, the curriculum for this class was pioneered by the legendary Dredger, who knows a few things about catching trout! If you are new to this sport or just want to improve your catch rate, then get up early and attend this on stream seminar. And for you class alumni; please consider signing on to help Landon out. The more mentor / instructors we have, the better!

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Old 02-06-12, 10:19 PM   #4
scallen2112
Hall of Fame Member

Landon,

I will be available to help mentor again if you like.
Old 02-07-12, 12:08 AM   #5
derricko1
Native

I'm in. Sign me up, jot me down, pencil me in, save my seat, run my credit card - whatever it takes.
Old 02-07-12, 07:09 AM   #6
jimboyyy
Native

Where's the sign up sheet? put me on there...
Old 02-07-12, 07:24 AM   #7
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

Landon:

Thanks for stepping up and taking the lead on this.

I'm sure it will be discussed, but no harm in mentioning it now. If you're going to participate in this seminar, you MUST wear a PFD. It's a requirement on that stretch of the Hooch, and it just makes good sense.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.
Old 02-09-12, 03:34 PM   #8
Lilburn-Fisher
Stocker

Please sign me up.
Thanks, Chris
Old 02-09-12, 04:58 PM   #9
Swamp Angel
President

I'll step aside from stealin' a spot in this seminar for mahse'f since Meaux fishes with me nigh on ever' chance we git on the water. Jes' PLEASE hold a spot fer her!

Apart from that, I know that Meaux will be wantin' to wear her reg'lar PFD, but I'll be able to bring a loaner or two jes' in case ennybody's shy on the required safety 'quipment.

Now, fer all y'all folks that ain't tooken part in this seminar afore, Landon is the cat's meeeeeee-ow! Architorture an' I were blessed to have him as our personal instructor last year at the Spring Fling. Thus I highly recommend this seminar as a way to tune your fishin' abilities, or to utilize as a method fer beginnin' from the very start of your life as a flyfisherman. You'll certainly learn a lot from this if you're jes' startin' out with a fly rod an' leavin' your spinnin' gear at home fer the first time!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Last edited by Swamp Angel; 02-11-12 at 05:01 AM.
Old 02-10-12, 10:17 PM   #10
Wrongday
Native

Default Sign me up.

This sounds like just what I need. Thanks for offering this.

Wrongday
Closed Thread