NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-18, 09:55 AM   #1
RiverRico53
Stocker

Default Personal record, 4-12-18

So I have yet to make a post on here, I have just been stalking all of you guys on a weekly basis. I started fly fishing about a year ago, Got off work early yesterday, ran home and headed to the dam, I got there around 3:30 and started fishing. I had no bites until around 4:30, and then it happened. I was using a dropper and the second time drifting through a hole he slammed it. I was downstream and he was going upstream. I have yet to have a fish on the hooch that pulls my drag out. I let him ride for a minute and then without warning he changed directions and came right at me. Passing me to go downstream. I had a good 40 ft walk trying to not lose him and stumble my way through the water. Finally after about 10 min of this I got him to the net. I understand that he may not be a monster to some of you guys but boy was this the biggest trout I have ever caught on my fly rod. He was the only fish I caught and I'm completely ok with it.
You can check some more pictures on my Instagram
@Jriccio53

http://imgur.com/wrzSF6L
http://imgur.com/BXfQjwj
http://imgur.com/4nZ1Lk8
RiverRico53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 09:58 AM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Very nice! It's always fun to let one play on the drag, and landing it feels pretty good.

Also, welcome to NGTO! I think that's a pretty fine first post!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 10:37 AM   #3
ChaChung
Native

Nice fish and congrats!

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 10:55 AM   #4
splatek16

First off, Welcome to NGTO - posting regularly gets you some love when asking for advice, should you ever need it.
Second, dang nice fish! The DNR has been dropping HOG 'Bows in the river; couple that with the fact that the browns are just eating anything in sight - the fishing has been great. I'm not sure if it's associated with the releases, their number and/or size, but if it is, then I am totally OK with missing a day here and there (like this afternoon) because of these monster releases!
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 03:38 PM   #5
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Nice fish!!!!
Old 04-13-18, 04:15 PM   #6
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Welcome!

Very nice rainbow!
Old 04-13-18, 05:28 PM   #7
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRico53 View Post
So I have yet to make a post on here, I have just been stalking all of you guys on a weekly basis. I started fly fishing about a year ago, Got off work early yesterday, ran home and headed to the dam, I got there around 3:30 and started fishing. I had no bites until around 4:30, and then it happened. I was using a dropper and the second time drifting through a hole he slammed it. I was downstream and he was going upstream. I have yet to have a fish on the hooch that pulls my drag out. I let him ride for a minute and then without warning he changed directions and came right at me. Passing me to go downstream. I had a good 40 ft walk trying to not lose him and stumble my way through the water. Finally after about 10 min of this I got him to the net. I understand that he may not be a monster to some of you guys but boy was this the biggest trout I have ever caught on my fly rod. He was the only fish I caught and I'm completely ok with it.
You can check some more pictures on my Instagram
@Jriccio53

http://imgur.com/wrzSF6L
http://imgur.com/BXfQjwj
http://imgur.com/4nZ1Lk8
That is quite a fish and quite a good story! Welcome and don't be a stranger. We love fish pictures...

DD F
Old 04-13-18, 07:06 PM   #8
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Welcome aboard! Nice ‘bow too!

If you can make it come out to the fling tomorrow.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 08:27 AM   #9
jonmo
Native

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
Welcome!

Very nice rainbow!
+1..That bow is growing some nice shoulders!

Doc
jonmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-18, 10:31 AM   #10
Fish Gazer
Native

Very nice! Thanks. It brings back a memory of a similar experience I had years ago. It is so exciting, be careful!

Jeff
Fish Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote