NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Events & Happenings
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-18, 08:42 PM   #1
superchub
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Default Tailwater TU Meeting Tuesday August 21st!

This next Tuesday August 21st, Christopher Lovelady with the the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be our August presenter. The title of his presentation will be Water Management 101. Chris will share information and maps on the Lake Lanier Watershed as compared with others, downstream needs and operations on a system wide level. Also, there will be time for questions at the end of his talk. NOTE: We will be meeting at the The Diner at Sugar Hill! (Map)
This will be an great talk. Let's have a good showing at our new meeting place.

Date: Tuesday, August 21st, 2018
Map
Time: 6pm arrive, 6:30pm eat, 7pm short meeting and then presentation!
superchub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-18, 02:58 PM   #2
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Thumbs up

Bumping this for today. Chris lovelady will be talking about the Buford Dam and water release from the Buford Dam. Should be interesting. All are invited.

Please note we are now meeting at the Diner at Sugar Hill which is located on the South side of Hwy 20 between Peachtree Ind Blvd and Buford Hwy. Meeting starts at 6:30 with dinner with the speaker to follow around 7:15 or so.
Old 08-21-18, 04:30 PM   #3
splatek16

@TheEG - any chance this talk will/can be recorded or the slides distributed (maybe PM'ed)? I am really interested in the hooch, especially after starting to do some research there, but cannot make the talk due to commitment as a coach for Spencer's PeeWee football team.
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 12:07 AM   #4
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
@TheEG - any chance this talk will/can be recorded or the slides distributed (maybe PM'ed)? I am really interested in the hooch, especially after starting to do some research there, but cannot make the talk due to commitment as a coach for Spencer's PeeWee football team.
I too would be interested. I'm in class during this time and cannot make the meetings
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 09:25 AM   #5
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Myself and the other guys permitted for commercial use on the Hooch are meeting with the COE this morning. The guys/gals who make the schedule are coming up from our districts headquarters in Mobile AL. I will take notes and report back.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 05:41 PM   #6
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
I too would be interested. I'm in class during this time and cannot make the meetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Myself and the other guys permitted for commercial use on the Hooch are meeting with the COE this morning. The guys/gals who make the schedule are coming up from our districts headquarters in Mobile AL. I will take notes and report back.
It's best Big T does as we had some technical issues and couldn't get Chris Lovelady's presentation to run. Instead he talked about the Buford Dam and Lake Lanier for about an hour and a half. Excellent presentation none the less. What I did with the opportunity was get the ball rolling for low releases for the upcoming Fall Fling ON NOVEMBER 3RD and the next Spring Fling coming up MARCH 30TH of 2019. (We'll see who is paying attention here)

I also meant to ask him to attend one of those two flings because he was very in tune with what is going on with the lake, the Dam, and the releases. As I forgot, I'll email him. BTW, you can probably PM NGTO member "Tim Rainey" as he is with the Corps also.
Old 08-23-18, 12:16 AM   #7
Native, formerly mwmclaughlin1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
It's best Big T does as we had some technical issues and couldn't get Chris Lovelady's presentation to run. Instead he talked about the Buford Dam and Lake Lanier for about an hour and a half. Excellent presentation none the less. What I did with the opportunity was get the ball rolling for low releases for the upcoming Fall Fling ON NOVEMBER 3RD and the next Spring Fling coming up MARCH 30TH of 2019. (We'll see who is paying attention here)

I also meant to ask him to attend one of those two flings because he was very in tune with what is going on with the lake, the Dam, and the releases. As I forgot, I'll email him. BTW, you can probably PM NGTO member "Tim Rainey" as he is with the Corps also.
Paying attention to what? A Spring Fling in March? Blasphemy.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-18, 06:18 PM   #8
Stinkbait
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Looking forward to your reportage.
Stinkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 07:20 AM   #9
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

I wrote a report and forwarded it to a COE member to make sure I got my facts correct and should post it soon.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-18, 08:07 AM   #10
splatek16

Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote