NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-18, 03:50 PM   #21
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
I'm not getting Tom sawyered into mending a fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who hurt your feelings? This is not about an ego trip, its an opportunity to shake hands and get to know the folks on the board vs relying on a keyboard.

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
-Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
-PH
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 05:57 PM   #22
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTimeLow View Post
10-4

what's a ballpark run time up to McGinnis? 15hp on a gheenoe, havent been but a couple bends north of abbotts

Depending on your Gheenoe. . . If you have a 15'-4" HighSider with 15hp you can make McGinnis from Abbots in about 20 minutes. A larger Gheenoe like a Classic, an LT15 or an LT25 with a 15HP will take about thirty minutes.

It's well worth the ride, but there's a section that a few of us call "Fire Walk" that can ruin a propeller or a fiberglass hull in three seconds flat.

If you get the chance, come join us. I'm certain that someone would be tickled to death to lead you up to McGinnis Ferry from Abbotts and point out the hazards.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 06:03 PM   #23
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTimeLow View Post
If we have boat and float down, is there a shuttling crew? What time do you expect to put in/take out?
No shuttle crew expected. If you're paddling, push upriver from Abbotts to Rogers Bridge. It's an easy paddle for the most part and the water is nice and thick with trout. Rogers is about two miles up from Abbotts and the drift back really is productive. As for the group, there is currently no shuttle plan, but if you have a few folks who are paddling and would like to join in please feel free to use this thread to coordinate. Philhutch1980 is the only elitist snob here - the rest of us are easy to get along with.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Old 07-17-18, 06:54 PM   #24
connectionbound
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
Depending on your Gheenoe. . . If you have a 15'-4" HighSider with 15hp you can make McGinnis from Abbots in about 20 minutes. A larger Gheenoe like a Classic, an LT15 or an LT25 with a 15HP will take about thirty minutes.

It's well worth the ride, but there's a section that a few of us call "Fire Walk" that can ruin a propeller or a fiberglass hull in three seconds flat.

If you get the chance, come join us. I'm certain that someone would be tickled to death to lead you up to McGinnis Ferry from Abbotts and point out the hazards.
I would love to join and follow u up through "Fire Walk". I usually fish Medlock up/down but never went past the large rock below abbots boat ramp. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
connectionbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 07:33 PM   #25
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectionbound View Post
I usually fish Medlock up/down but never went past the large rock below abbots boat ramp. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
The area between Medlock and Abbotts is really pretty and durned productive too! Probably my favorite stretch of the CRNRA for scenery.
We'll be looking forward to having you join us!
Old 07-17-18, 07:52 PM   #26
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Angel View Post
No shuttle crew expected. If you're paddling, push upriver from Abbotts to Rogers Bridge. It's an easy paddle for the most part and the water is nice and thick with trout. Rogers is about two miles up from Abbotts and the drift back really is productive. As for the group, there is currently no shuttle plan, but if you have a few folks who are paddling and would like to join in please feel free to use this thread to coordinate. Philhutch1980 is the only elitist snob here - the rest of us are easy to get along with.
Correct. You can tell my elitism by the rock cairns I leave along the river bank.

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
-Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
-PH
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 08:43 PM   #27
b5fish
Stocker

Count me in as well, looking forward to meeting everyone.

....Pending PhilHutch's approval
b5fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 09:24 PM   #28
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Who hurt your feelings? This is not about an ego trip, its an opportunity to shake hands and get to know the folks on the board vs relying on a keyboard.

Dude I was joking about literally getting convinced to fix a fence. Just like getting tricked into whitewashing a fence....

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-18, 09:26 PM   #29
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum69 View Post
Dude I was joking about literally getting convinced to fix a fence. Just like getting tricked into whitewashing a fence....

https://www.pbs.org/marktwain/learnm...tings_tom.html

"Stop Whining"
Old 07-17-18, 10:15 PM   #30
troutbum69
Native

I'd be glad to run a shuttle from Medlock to jones for anyone in a yak or canoe

"Stop Whining"