NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-17, 07:09 PM   #1
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Default JB Woods

Nice warm day...figured tomorrow is raining so they better be biting today. Went above the bridge past the creek to a little stretch I've scoped out floating. Get there around 330 I hear a shot....didn't think much of it maybe it wasn't a shot. but then heard 5 more consecutively.

On my way in I probably passed at least 8 deer. A little baby fawn not even 30 lbs stood it grounds and stomped its front hoove at me as I stood their looking at it, then scampered as I reached for my camera. Whats messed up is there is an elementary school that backs up right to these woods, and right around the time the kids are being let out. The balls on this guy.

Got in and it was sunny, for the first 45min not a bite. So, I put on my fatuous patterns I've been tying up lately and it was on. Definitely one of my best #s days as of late and needed it to get me out of funk. All rainbows and a few baby browns mixed in.

A little before sunset I start heading out so as not to walk in the woods. I see something sipping midges. Add one up top, and boom, first cast nice brown 14ish. Heres where it went wrong.: Me being the fatso that I am had to bring snacks. I usually attach my net to back shirt loop but over my bag. When I got my apricots, I reattached the net first then put the bag over it. I had the brown hanging on my top tag not 5 feet away from me above the water . The net got stuck with the bag being over it and I couldnt get it out in time. The brown wriggled and came off.

I was broken and had enough. About half way back through the woods, I hear a guy yell "Deer!" really close to me. I freeze, getting a little anxious to get out. A lab runs up to me and starts sniffing around and I hear. "Deer" again. I see a guy about 30 yards away and again "Deer, get over here." Then I realized the dogs name was Deer. Relieved. I talked to the guy for a bit and we both had a chuckle. Saw some truck tracks on my way out close to the trail that where not there when I walked past the first time.

Exciting day.

Need more Chipmunk tails:

And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 07:32 PM   #2
mbailey729
Native

Thatís kinda scary hearing shots in the middle of the day so close to a school and multiple parks. I got out there a little earlier than that but didnít hear anything. Didnít have much luck today. 3 bites and landed 3 browns, 1 being about 6Ē. Here are the other two

mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 07:48 PM   #3
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Man, you killing em. I gotta get out before noon one of these days.
Old 11-29-17, 07:56 PM   #4
mbailey729
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
Man, you killing em. I gotta get out before noon one of these days.
Both of those were caught after 4:30
mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 08:29 PM   #5
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbailey729 View Post
Both of those were caught after 4:30
That around when it turned on for me....still want to get out early if the lay off the releases like it's been....by the time I got situated I only had a few hours to fish before suns down....and the temp drops quick.
Old 11-29-17, 09:01 PM   #6
gau16
Native

Some good looking browns there MB.

Gout, glad you didn't get shot.
gau16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 09:12 PM   #7
ChaChung
Native

Quote:
Nice warm day...figured tomorrow is raining so they better be biting today. Went above the bridge past the creek to a little stretch I've scoped out floating. Get there around 330 I hear a shot....didn't think much of it maybe it wasn't a shot. but then heard 5 more consecutively.

On my way in I probably passed at least 8 deer. A little baby fawn not even 30 lbs stood it grounds and stomped its front hoove at me as I stood their looking at it, then scampered as I reached for my camera. Whats messed up is there is an elementary school that backs up right to these woods, and right around the time the kids are being let out. The balls on this guy.

Got in and it was sunny, for the first 45min not a bite. So, I put on my fatuous patterns I've been tying up lately and it was on. Definitely one of my best #s days as of late and needed it to get me out of funk. All rainbows and a few baby browns mixed in.

A little before sunset I start heading out so as not to walk in the woods. I see something sipping midges. Add one up top, and boom, first cast nice brown 14ish. Heres where it went wrong.: Me being the fatso that I am had to bring snacks. I usually attach my net to back shirt loop but over my bag. When I got my apricots, I reattached the net first then put the bag over it. I had the brown hanging on my top tag not 5 feet away from me above the water . The net got stuck with the bag being over it and I couldnt get it out in time. The brown wriggled and came off.

I was broken and had enough. About half way back through the woods, I hear a guy yell "Deer!" really close to me. I freeze, getting a little anxious to get out. A lab runs up to me and starts sniffing around and I hear. "Deer" again. I see a guy about 30 yards away and again "Deer, get over here." Then I realized the dogs name was Deer. Relieved. I talked to the guy for a bit and we both had a chuckle. Saw some truck tracks on my way out close to the trail that where not there when I walked past the first time.

Exciting day.

Need more Chipmunk tails:

Good stuff man. I have heard sounds that resembles gun shots while out at JB. Usually while running out there. I thought it coudlnt be shots and maybe some type of construction making that noise but who knows? Some people might just be crazy enough to be shooting there.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-17, 09:14 PM   #8
ChaChung
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbailey729 View Post
Thatís kinda scary hearing shots in the middle of the day so close to a school and multiple parks. I got out there a little earlier than that but didnít hear anything. Didnít have much luck today.
Didn't have much luck today? I don't know how many hours you were out there but those browns look really nice and they would put a smile on my face if I caught a couple of those in a few hrs of fishing.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-17, 04:15 AM   #9
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaChung View Post
Good stuff man. I have heard sounds that resembles gun shots while out at JB. Usually while running out there. I thought it coudlnt be shots and maybe some type of construction making that noise but who knows? Some people might just be crazy enough to be shooting there.
That's what I thought at first. Like someone dropped a pallet, but then when they dropped 5 more in succession it confirmed it. The tire tracks I saw where pretty close to where Fiserve used to be. I've often times driven past there and seen 5-6 deer in that field thinking "That looks like the perfect place to pick off a few". Hopefully once Simmons moves in it'll stop.
Old 11-30-17, 01:45 PM   #10
NetBoy
Native

Quote:
That's what I thought at first. Like someone dropped a pallet, but then when they dropped 5 more in succession it confirmed it. The tire tracks I saw where pretty close to where Fiserve used to be. I've often times driven past there and seen 5-6 deer in that field thinking "That looks like the perfect place to pick off a few". Hopefully once Simmons moves in it'll stop.
Is Simmons moving into the old Fiserv offices?
NetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote