NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-18, 09:10 AM   #1
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Default Crazy or Dedicated?

I pulled into the parking lot yesterday morning and my truck read 11 degrees. I wadered up with 4 layers on my upper body. It was just a little bulky but doable.Rigged my nypming rod with some new experimental flies I had tied.
I eased down to the creek and made a few cast. Things were icing up. A few more cast and I had strike. I set the hook and saw the fish turn sideways. It just came unbuttoned. Trying to figure why I lost that fish I noticed both my flies were solid ice. I'm guessing the ice prohibited the point getting to the fish. Change in plans. Go back to the truck and warm up a while. More importantly let all the ice on my tippet and flies thaw.
Let the seat back and took a short nap. Woke up about 9am to a balmy 16 degrees. Hit the water again, greased my tippet thinking it may not ice up as quick. Started fishing parts of the creek where the sun was hitting the water. Had a pretty couple of hours of fishing. Sure needed a camera man today. Fingers and phone didn't want to cooperate.
Also ran into several other NGTO members in the parking lot and on the stream (Troutninja, Big Browns and Trout8myfly). Oh and had my license checked by the local game warden.
So as the tile says, Are we crazy or dedicated? My wife has her on thoughts. Shes want me to seek some counseling about fishing addiction.

Last edited by Trout "R"; 05-09-18 at 08:16 AM.
Trout "R" is offline   Reply With Quote