NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-18, 07:13 PM   #11
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Prowler,

Do they release like this in the cooler months as well? I am just curious.
I certainly hope not. This is new to me. I always thought releases were to generate power and to release water from the lake to keep it at an acceptable level. An organization getting paid to release on weekends to support rafting is all brand new to me. The amount they got paid is a large sum of money but fly fishing in this area generates a large sum of money too. I am hopeful when the weather cools and there is less kayaking and rafting the releasing will slow down as well. I fish all year round so I look forward to cold weather.

I was finally able to squeeze in 3 hours of fishing at horseshoe bend on Sunday before the release made its way to there so at least I got a little fix in so that I am not suicidal like I was.

------Team Norvise------
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:17 PM   #12
troutbum69
Native

Just remember these moments when the next drought occurs. That's what got me through all the crazy hooch releases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:44 PM   #13
Trout "R"
NGTO Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I certainly hope not. This is new to me. I always thought releases were to generate power and to release water from the lake to keep it at an acceptable level. An organization getting paid to release on weekends to support rafting is all brand new to me. The amount they got paid is a large sum of money but fly fishing in this area generates a large sum of money too. I am hopeful when the weather cools and there is less kayaking and rafting the releasing will slow down as well. I fish all year round so I look forward to cold weather.

I was finally able to squeeze in 3 hours of fishing at horseshoe bend on Sunday before the release made its way to there so at least I got a little fix in so that I am not suicidal like I was.
Well I hope they don't mess up fall fishing for you for sure. And glad you got your fix in!
It seems to me that they could just do the weekend releases after say 11am or so. That way the fishermen could get their fix and the tubers would have plenty of time to buy beer for their trip.
But who am I to bring a little common scene into the equation.
Old 08-13-18, 09:51 PM   #14
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout "R" View Post
Well I hope they don't mess up fall fishing for you for sure. And glad you got your fix in!
It seems to me that they could just do the weekend releases after say 11am or so. That way the fishermen could get their fix and the tubers would have plenty of time to buy beer for their trip.
But who am I to bring a little common scene into the equation.
That is what I am saying. There needs to be a compromise. Releasing at 11:00 AM would allow me to fish my area in the morning and then I could run to horseshoe to fish in the afternoon before the release got there but releasing all day on saturday and sunday with beautiful weather and then turning around and having half decent release schedules during the week when you can't fish unless you are retired is very frustrating.

------Team Norvise------
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote