NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-13, 08:35 PM   #11
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Nice job Bill! I know that took some time to research.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 08:55 PM   #12
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Thanks Bill !

That was good reading, and really appreciate you going the extra mile to dig up those old posts.
Old 10-30-13, 08:58 PM   #13
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

I also enjoyed that Bill. Thanks for taking the time. I hope someone a hundred years from now will ask the same question Brotherbear asked.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 09:31 PM   #14
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
We even had one at Hiwassee Outfitters in Reliance, TN. The name "North Georgia Trout Online" was Aaron's idea as far as I know.
Drifter, I actually attended the one on the Hiwassee in Reliance. It was a weekend fling and many stayed in a cabin (I slept in my truck at a campsite). I spent most of night talking about bamboo and drinking some real fine beverages with a really nice young man who I can't remember his name?? He had a short beard and knew a lot about Bamboo... Maybe someone can remember his name...He used to be on the board a lot, but have not heard from him in many years.. I do remember an old post where he was the "poster child" for the NGTO.. (another story)
raptor
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 09:40 PM   #15
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Drifter, I actually attended the one on the Hiwassee in Reliance. It was a weekend fling and many stayed in a cabin (I slept in my truck at a campsite)......raptor
Did you get a bowl of Hoochrat's jambalaya? That crazy Cajun could cook up some groceries. I helped stir that big cauldron with the boat paddle. Anybody heard from him lately?

I slept in my truck that night as well.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 10-30-13, 10:09 PM   #16
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

NGTO also was one of the first to step up with donation $. I remember asking about what little money, at that time, NGTO collected and what they were doing about it. Greg, Grizz told me that it was too be used for a good cause while promoting trout fishing. Well, I had the cause, and NGTO support and sponsorship of a child to TU trout camp was started.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 10:23 PM   #17
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Anytime the BODs spend NGTO money....the first question asked.....does the expenditure meet the guidelines set forth in the mission statement?

North Georgia Trout Online, Inc. is a non-profit organization 501(c)(3) dedicated to the promotion and protection of trout fishing in North Georgia.
NGTO is committed:
•To promote sound environmental policies in Georgia's business and government.
•To promote conservation measures to sustain and protect trout fisheries in Georgia
•To increasing public awareness, by all appropriate means, of the value of trout fisheries in Georgia.
•To collecting, generating and disseminating pertinent information that relates to all aspects of trout fishing.
•To nurture in both young and old environmental stewardship, the joy of fishing and the peace of mind it brings.
•To carry out other lawful activities as directed.
Our Mission Statement demonstrates a firm commitment to the future of trout fishing in Georgia. NGTO strives to increase public awareness of the sport trout fishing through our web site, online chat room, message board, educational seminars, and community relation campaigns such as the Kids Fishing Day.
Cooperation with city, state and other non-profit organizations, such as Trout Unlimited, allows NGTO to make an investment in our community and state.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 10-31-13, 10:08 AM   #18
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Did you get a bowl of Hoochrat's jambalaya? That crazy Cajun could cook up some groceries. I helped stir that big cauldron with the boat paddle. Anybody heard from him lately?

I slept in my truck that night as well.
Yes ! I remember that huge pot of jambalaya that was being cooked and it was awesome. The yard in front of the cabin had enough room for folks to "show off" their casting skills. I remember fishing the "stair steps" area with a dude named "owl", he had me laughing so much I could hardly fish. And, to answer the question from EG about the first poster "gerald". Yes, that has to be Gerald Wilt who worked at the Veterinary College at Auburn, who has been fly fishing since the early 1960's (or maybe even earlier) and got me interested in the sport. He had some interesting stories to tell about fly fishing in those days in the North Georgia, Tenn and N. Carolina mountains..
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 09:52 PM   #19
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default Who Originated NGTO

Bringing to the top for our newest members. Special thanks to our resident historian / Bill "EG" Egeland for all his research. See post #9. I just spent the past half hour re-living the early days of NGTO.

Follow me on Instagram
Old 12-19-14, 12:14 AM   #20
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

BTW, while this Thread is up-- June 2015 will be the 15th Anniversary for NGTO as a non-profit organization. Lot's of fish in the net since Y2K.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote