NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-14, 11:36 AM   #31
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
First "event" i attended was at some school...tying i think.No clue where & was pretty small...

I think Chris Woodall (flytyfish) set that up as he was a football coach at the school....off Roswell Road. The name will come to me eventually. It was a Sunday afternoon and we ordered pizza to be delivered in the cafeteria....I think that was it???

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 01:16 PM   #32
Kent
Hall of Fame Member

That sounds right Drifter....
Old 12-21-14, 01:28 PM   #33
Moye
Native

Dad gum, there's a bunch of old folks on this board! Doesn't seem that long but there has been a lot water go under the bridge and a lot of good information shared here over the years.
Moye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 01:52 PM   #34
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

I believe that was at North Springs High School. Old ??--yeah, I was 56 when I joined NGTO. Now I'm 72. What happened ??
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-14, 03:46 PM   #35
Rockyraccoon
Native

Send a message via ICQ to Rockyraccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Drifter, I actually attended the one on the Hiwassee in Reliance. It was a weekend fling and many stayed in a cabin (I slept in my truck at a campsite). I spent most of night talking about bamboo and drinking some real fine beverages with a really nice young man who I can't remember his name?? He had a short beard and knew a lot about Bamboo... Maybe someone can remember his name...He used to be on the board a lot, but have not heard from him in many years.. I do remember an old post where he was the "poster child" for the NGTO.. (another story)
raptor
There's a good chance his name was Gary. He went by Tentwing on NGTO and many of the other fishing boards at the time. Great dude.

Riverman, GrayGhost and Tentwing were some of my first friends from NGTO and if I'm not mistaken that fling on the Wass' was the first time I'd met many of them....and others for that matter.

Keep on Rocking it NGTO.

www.rockytopanglers.com
Rockyraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 12:00 PM   #36
FlickNdip
Native

Great thread. I have often wondered the same things.
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 06:18 PM   #37
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyraccoon View Post
There's a good chance his name was Gary. He went by Tentwing on NGTO and many of the other fishing boards at the time. Great dude.

Riverman, GrayGhost and Tentwing were some of my first friends from NGTO and if I'm not mistaken that fling on the Wass' was the first time I'd met many of them....and others for that matter.

Keep on Rocking it NGTO.
"Tentwing" does sound familiar...Thanks ! I often wonder what happened to many of those that used to post regularly on the board..
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 06:59 PM   #38
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

I guess they come and they go. Of the 74 people inducted into the Hall Of Fame over the last 15 years, I can count 30 (40%) that never post anymore. To my knowledge only one of those is deceased.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 09:50 PM   #39
Brotherbear
Native

Old fishermen never die they just smell that way
Old 09-11-15, 10:41 AM   #40
FishandFeathers5
Native

This has been a cool thread to read. I enjoyed reading about the history of NGTO and I already had a "hypothesis" on who has been around for a while! Congrats on building a fine forum