NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-15, 10:50 AM   #41
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

I understand we are the largest Online Trout Fishing Organization in the world. Many of our members are world champions and ranked internationally and nationally.

The great thing about NGTO is we are one big family. I have more friends through NGTO than anywhere else.

Even Buck is my friend.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 01:57 PM   #42
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

For fun, open the Members List and click on the Posts column. That will sort from most to least, and vice versa.
Trout8myfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 02:01 PM   #43
Speck
Hall of Fame Member, Moderator

Wow that took me back. I stumbled across this place in 98 in my first experience with the Internet - just looking around to see what I could find and searched "trout" and "georgia".

The place sure has grown a lot - both in number and in maturity level. I'm not the most sociable fellow, but I have been blessed to meet and fish with a handful of guys here. This board has also been a great way for my eldest (fishinbub) to make some quality contacts both as fishing buddies and in his chosen field of study.

It's been a great run, and though I've been in and out a lot it's nice to know that - like that long-missed favorite stream - NGTO is still here and always ready to welcome you back.

Follower of Christ
Pursuer of trout
-------------------------------------------------
"Your genuine action will explain itself and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing." -- Emerson
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 02:38 PM   #44
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck View Post
NGTO is still here and always ready to welcome you back.
If Gatorbyte is able to log back on when he returns from his trip I'm no longer paying dues around here!!!

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-15, 10:16 PM   #45
soundsfishy2me
Native

Roy, It's been a while since I've seen a post from you. I'm glad to see that you are still able to type and share some wit and fond memories. I too remember before Lanier was built and avoiding "shiners" in the mountains around Clayton. Ran into one while exploring a small creek off the Tallulah. He was about eight feet tall, weighed about 350 pounds, wore bib overalls and a round felt hat, and had a scraggly beard and carried a double barrel shotgun. He quickly convinced me that I "might not want to go no further". I said "yes sir" and headed back to camp.

Two of my most memorable and enjoyable fishing trips were with you on the Soque at Glad and Marty's place before it was Fern Valley. I hope to see you at the Fall Fling in Nov.
soundsfishy2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 12:47 PM   #46
AthensTroutBum
Native

Yep.

Lots of the members mentioned at the beginning of this thread kinda ''showed me the ropes'' when it came to fishing around GA.

Plus there were a couple guys I met later when I went to UGA as an undergrad that I fished with a bunch as well. I owe this site for a few good fishing trips + good times.

So glad this site still exists, and I literally logged on to post this...as I usually just lurk

cheers from Berlin, Germany
-ATB
AthensTroutBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-15, 03:10 PM   #47
Mountaineerfan
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Mountaineerfan

Well it has been quite a while since I've posted here. I lurk mostly, but used to be quite active as I was getting into the sport. Through NGTO, I learned to tie flies and even made my own rod! Anytime I have a friend wanting me to teach them how to fly fish, I make sure that they bookmark this site!
My favorite event that has gone by the wayside (but I would LOVE to see come back) is the Frostbite excursion to the Nantahala. I went to all but one of those, and I still go up to Brookside whenever I can. Those were great times, with great guys and great bbq! I would be interested in reviving it if anyone wants to help (Grizz?)

Steve
Old 12-29-15, 03:16 PM   #48
Trout8myfly
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineerfan View Post
Well it has been quite a while since I've posted here. I lurk mostly, but used to be quite active as I was getting into the sport. Through NGTO, I learned to tie flies and even made my own rod! Anytime I have a friend wanting me to teach them how to fly fish, I make sure that they bookmark this site!
My favorite event that has gone by the wayside (but I would LOVE to see come back) is the Frostbite excursion to the Nantahala. I went to all but one of those, and I still go up to Brookside whenever I can. Those were great times, with great guys and great bbq! I would be interested in reviving it if anyone wants to help (Grizz?)

Steve
Man, is your timing GOOD!

See the cuurent thread in the Events forum.

Good to see you again Steve.

-George

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trout8myfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 05:58 PM   #49
KB
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member, Moderator

Man... I started reading this thread and got stuck in memory lane. Next thing I know I've been browsing the board for a couple of hours. It's still a great community after all these years ☺
Old 06-21-16, 07:47 PM   #50
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Welcome back Kerry. Are you still in CO fishing for greenbacks?

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote