NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Bama 25 69.44%
Auburn 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-13, 12:28 AM   #1
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Default Bama vs Auburn Iron Bowl go on record

Bama Versus Auburn, go on record
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 12:42 AM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

LSU ain't playin' in that'n, thus it doesn't matter. However, I shall be pullin' fer the Barners over the Gumps this weekend. Please forward my apologies to Trouty Mouth.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 02:37 AM   #3
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

I think I see Mizzou and AU in the SEC Championship
Old 11-21-13, 04:08 AM   #4
zug buggin
Native

Maybe the earth will open up and swallow both teams O

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
zug buggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 09:31 AM   #5
David Parker
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
I think I see Mizzou and AU in the SEC Championship

Battle of the Fly-by-Nights 2013

I still remember the refrain of one of the most popular barrack ballads of that day which proclaimed most proudly that "old soldiers never die; they just fade away."
And like the old soldier of that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur
David Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 09:59 AM   #6
MariettaMike
Native

Auburn was LUCKY to beat Georgia, and their luck has run out.
Old 11-21-13, 11:19 AM   #7
baldea
BOD, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariettaMike View Post

This..... As much as I despise Bama I just don't think the barn has it in them.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 11:58 AM   #8
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldea View Post
This..... As much as I despise Bama I just don't think the barn has it in them.
Well... good thing a "barn" is not playing bama in the IB..(LSU and UGA have more barns (and a large vet school) on campus than Auburn btw)... Having said that, I've been watching this game for over 50 yrs and "usually" the better team wins, since they both bring their "A" game. Therefore, bama will probably win by double digits.. A friend did send me a link to a video if you all are bored today... SEC football is the best.

raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 12:17 PM   #9
Jakal03
Native, Official Taunter of UGA

My vote goes to Bama, but I believe Auburn will give them a tougher game than most think. I predict it stays a close game until the second half and then Bama will proceed to stretch the score out.

Remoh,

Your prediction of AU and Mizzou is not gonna come to play i don't believe. Mizzou will not be able to get thru the next two weeks without a loss. I predict it comes this week to Ole Miss in Oxford, and if not, TAMU will run the score up on them for a win next week. The only semi complete team they have played all year is USC and we saw how that game ended. They played a UGA team that was at 50% at best b/c of injuries. Had they been full strength Mizzou would be a two loss team as of now.

Although I would love to see USC play Auburn for a little bit of redemption from the 2010 SEC Championship I'm gonna predict it ends up USC vs BAMA in the Championship this year. The last time that match up happened was also in 2010 and well... that was one of the best **** football games I've ever watched . S. Car vs. Bama 2010 Recap

By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn’t read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Reader’s own fault and I don’t want to hear about it.
Jakal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 12:21 PM   #10
Remoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariettaMike View Post
Auburn beat Georgia. They were just lucky not to loose. They took their foot off the peddle in the 4th quarter, whew.

In my 50 some odd years of watching the Iron Bowl I think this one's going to be a heck of a doozy. I like the match ups. I don't think Bama can cover up their weaknesses in this game.