NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Bama 25 69.44%
Auburn 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-13, 02:30 PM   #21
MariettaMike
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I'll take you up on your bet and...
That bet wasn't offered to you. If you're offering me a bet, I'll pass. Jus say'n.
Old 11-21-13, 02:32 PM   #22
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I'll take you up on your bet and raise you $90... FSU is about the only team that I've seen that would give an SEC team a great challenge. But after reading about what's going-on in Tallahassee... I don't know if the FSU QB will be playing...
If an SEC teams wins the BCS, you can send the money to:
https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671

If a non-SEC team wins, I will send you a gift card to a department store of your choice to get some pants so that you won't have to worry about any "worms"...just sayin'...
I'll raise it $200. Mail the money to me and I'll hold it
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 04:24 PM   #23
Fly Me Courageous
Native

Roll Tide!
Fly Me Courageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 04:29 PM   #24
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
AU will have Home field advantage. If you haven't been to a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium it rocks. It starts with the Eagle.
And ends with the fire hose! (circa 1986)
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 04:37 PM   #25
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Funny Don. My dad was a cheer leader during the 57 championship. I was born in Columbus GA- (closest hospital back then) That was the first year Auburn called themselves Auburn. Until then, they were called API. Alabama Polytechnic Institute. The biggest rivalry was Ga Tech and Auburn back then. Ga Tech used to be part of the SEC but Bobby Dodd thought Bear Bryant was cheating and left the SEC for the ACC.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 02:00 PM   #26
UncleJesse
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
Ga Tech used to be part of the SEC but Bobby Dodd thought Bear Bryant was cheating and left the SEC for the ACC.
I think Dodd was probably correct, I believe the NCAA turned their heads to a certain schools who were the power houses in college football which was becoming more and more popular in the late 50's and 60's. At a dinner one evening in the Muscle Shoals area, I had a former Ole Miss player admit to receiving money and clothes while playing for Johnny Vaught. He was a backup to an All American. He said if they won, there would be an envelope with cash in it in his college mailbox on Monday. If they lost, no envelope.
Old 11-24-13, 12:32 PM   #27
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Wink Not Good For 'Bama

Things do not look good for Alabama. They must be really beaten up and worn out after playing UT Chattanooga. Golly gee whiz after playing a tough school like UTC they should get a two week rest spell.
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-13, 01:24 PM   #28
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...92--ncaaf.html
Old 11-24-13, 01:29 PM   #29
Trouty Mouth
Native

AU will have a home field advantage for the first half and the fans will be going wild. In the 3rd Quarter the silence will begin and there will be a huge sucking noise from the AU Fans as the 4th Quarter progresses. Alabama fans will rush to their cars to prevent them from being "keyed" after the game and depart a hostile and heartbroken Auburn. Another glorious Bama win - ROLL TIDE!
Trouty Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-13, 04:48 PM   #30
raptor
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty Mouth View Post
AU will have a home field advantage for the first half and the fans will be going wild. In the 3rd Quarter the silence will begin and there will be a huge sucking noise from the AU Fans as the 4th Quarter progresses. Alabama fans will rush to their cars to prevent them from being "keyed" after the game and depart a hostile and heartbroken Auburn. Another glorious Bama win - ROLL TIDE!
My goodness... a bammer talking about cars being "keyed"... the hypocrisy is amazing..

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/th...imson-tide.php
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote