NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > Forum Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-13, 11:10 AM   #1
JCK76
Native

Default Windows 8/IE 11 issue

If I click the back arrow on the browser when I am in a thread it dumps me back at the first, "Click here to Enter NGTO..." screen, rather than to the previous screen. Not a problem with other browsers such as Chrome and not an issue with other VB forums I am on. Figure it will all work out as versions go forward. Just a heads up to other members.
JCK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 10:59 AM   #2
kbrunson
Native

This started happening to me too when I installed IE11. I have Windows 7. Anybody know how to fix this? It is really annoying.
kbrunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 11:23 AM   #3
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

I'm not an expert. Recently my browser got highjacked.

Try-Internet Options>programs>manage add ons and see if you see something that should be disabled.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 07:06 AM   #4
tuffstuff
Stocker

IE 11 and Windows 8 and back and forward buttons work. On NGTO
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 02:37 PM   #5
cjones
Native

For the guys that are having the problems with the back button taking you all the way out of the forum, are you using the forum in a full browser window or is the forum in an inset 'frame'?

Example of the forum being in the inset frame (notice the main NGTO navigation links on the left side of the screen):

If you are using the forum in the inset frame, I'm guessing the site's CSS is having problems with IE11. IE seems to change the way they handle CSS with every friggin version.

One work around is to access the forum directly from this link (http://georgia-outdoors.com/forum/) instead of clicking on the NGTO Forums link on the main NGTO page. That will open the forum in a full browser window without the navigation links on the left side of the screen. That should make the 'back' button do what you want it to inside the forum.

If you're already using the forum in a full browser window, then I'm at a loss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NGTO Inset.jpg (28.1 KB, 55 views)
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 03:22 PM   #6
JCK76
Native

cjones, thank you, that seems to have been the issue. I changes the URL on my favorites and it's working fine.
JCK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 07:10 PM   #7
kbrunson
Native

I'll give that a try. thx cjones!
Old 12-09-13, 07:13 PM   #8
kbrunson
Native

That seems to have fixed the back button issue. But I am noticing something else. I used to be able to click on a members name (handle) and it would open a subwindow so I could shoot him/her a pm. Now, when I click on the name, it takes me directly to that person's user page.
Old 12-09-13, 08:44 PM   #9
cjones
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrunson View Post
That seems to have fixed the back button issue. But I am noticing something else. I used to be able to click on a members name (handle) and it would open a subwindow so I could shoot him/her a pm. Now, when I click on the name, it takes me directly to that person's user page.
Sounds like a separate issue. Does it work when you go to the old "inset frame" way of using the forum?
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 09:40 PM   #10
kbrunson
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones View Post
Sounds like a separate issue. Does it work when you go to the old "inset frame" way of using the forum?
No; it's no big deal. I'm just glad my back button works again.