NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > Fish Tales!
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-14, 02:43 PM   #41
MatchboxWhistler
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
You just described my dream fly fishing trip.
I'll admit that this is definitely one of mine as well, but minus the exclusivity!

Have you seen any write-ups on the Arundell Arms on the Tamar in southern England? It'll make you salivate...

But BACK ON TOPIC , I'd like to see one of those British fellers use some GULP when no one else is looking!

“If only I may grow: firmer, simpler, quieter, warmer.”Dag Hammarskjöld
MatchboxWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-14, 11:08 PM   #42
Pappy
Native

I guess this is the time and place to admit it. I have worm guts on the handle of my fly rod. Can I still come to the fling?
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 09:44 AM   #43
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I have worm guts on the handle of my fly rod. Can I still come to the fling?
If ya bring a side dish. Food smoothes over many differences. Admitted bamboo blasphemer fishnpreacher could be NGTO president because of his Roosevelt Beans alone.
Old 03-05-14, 05:39 PM   #44
zug buggin
Native

Its a personal decision but for me its like taking a mulligan or moving a ball to a better lye in golf, you are using shortcuts to score instead of developing your talents.....to each his own

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
zug buggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 06:32 PM   #45
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
If ya bring a side dish. Food smoothes over many differences. Admitted bamboo blasphemer fishnpreacher could be NGTO president because of his Roosevelt Beans alone.

Heh, heh, heh......

May not make it to the Fling. My wife's brother will be having knee replacement Mar 24, and it looks like we may be headed to Brunswick that week.....

(I might be able to sneak off a few afternoons for a little fishing)

We will see, we will see......

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14, 12:27 AM   #46
troutbum69
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchboxWhistler View Post
I'll admit that this is definitely one of mine as well, but minus the exclusivity!

Have you seen any write-ups on the Arundell Arms on the Tamar in southern England? It'll make you salivate...

But BACK ON TOPIC , I'd like to see one of those British fellers use some GULP when no one else is looking!
Talked to an Englishman about trout and hunting the other day. All I can say is I'm glad we have the public waters here that so many take for granted. Also, you can't bow hunt in the UK, which sucks because the way he described Scotland was awesome. He said, " if Americans think that some texans are gun crazy, they'd loose their mind in the highlands."

"Stop Whining"
troutbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 04:55 AM   #47
DestinJames
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
Go ahead and do what make you happy that is legal. But, call it what it is, it's bait fishing with a flyrod, it's not fly fishing, there is not fly involved. I have done it with spinning reel, weighted bobber and crickets, it's great fun, but it's not flyfishing. I have a ultralight spinning rod I can cast a flyline with, but that is not spin fishing either.
Very Well put and I agree, UncleJesse. And thank you all for the great responses.
DestinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 09:40 AM   #48
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I guess this is the time and place to admit it. I have worm guts on the handle of my fly rod. Can I still come to the fling?
Yes, worm guts are not illegal. Take Fishbreath's Seminar and you'll never have to buy worms again.

I like your avatar, is there a story behind it?
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 05:18 PM   #49
Pappy
Native

Yea. That's the house I grew up in. That is my brother in the photo. Sherman kept his horses in it in the war of northern aggression. Makes me thankfull for what I have achieved in life.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 08:50 PM   #50
scallen2112
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
... But, call it what it is, it's bait fishing with a flyrod, it's not fly fishing, there is not fly involved....
What if I use a horsefly as bait?
scallen2112 is offline   Reply With Quote