NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-15, 07:07 PM   #11
JoshKimchi
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
Went w my pops yesterday, got skunked until 2. Then the rain and snowmelt kicked in, landed five w probably ten hookups all on mohair's and squirmies tied and gifted to me by CHEFKY. This was the biggest at about 24". Was the last car in the lot at 4. Ppl missed a great afternoon sesh.

Was told some pats rubberlegs in 8 or 10 caught fish early.
did you strip or drift your mohairs? ive been having luck just drifting mine...
JoshKimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 01:11 AM   #12
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFrom WYO View Post
Sounds like I left too early...

I was the guy that was talking to your dad, when you came busting up the hill. lol.
I thought that might have been you after reading your post. Its nice to make the connection? Since your in commerce to you go up to the tooga a lot?

And josh I was just drifting them on the fly rod and jigging them on the spinner. Chef actually tied some super heavy for me that match some of my favorite light tackle jigs. I take a 7 foot spinning rod w 2 lb fluoro on it to cast those up some of the longer pools at dukes w a dropper, I find it more sensitive at super long range.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 05:06 PM   #13
Sqain
Native

Thought id throw up some pics for those headed to dukes soon. Fished from 8:15-1:15 ish today. My fishing buddy couldn't make it this morning so some fellow NGTO folks got an open spot. All fish came on #16 pheasant tails. They were biting pretty darn solid today when the sun came out. I fished section 1, picked up a lot of fish in new spots which was fun. Lots of snow still. Here's a few of my favorite shots from the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-15, 08:45 PM   #14
Big Browns
Native

Great meeting you today Sqain! Glad you had a great day!

A big thank you for helping me net that fish at the RB!

DUDE...Your pics are awesome....especially #5 and the last one!

Moe and I had a fantastic day as well. He hooked an absolute lunker right at closing time but 6x was no match..
easily 25-26" bow!

Hope to see you on the water again sometime.

PS: Thank your Buddy for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqain View Post
Thought id throw up some pics for those headed to dukes soon. Fished from 8:15-1:15 ish today. My fishing buddy couldn't make it this morning so some fellow NGTO folks got an open spot. All fish came on #16 pheasant tails. They were biting pretty darn solid today when the sun came out. I fished section 1, picked up a lot of fish in new spots which was fun. Lots of snow still. Here's a few of my favorite shots from the day.

My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt

Big Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 09:11 PM   #15
Dcounce
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFrom WYO View Post
Sounds like I left too early...

I was the guy that was talking to your dad, when you came busting up the hill. lol.
These pictures are fabulous (as are the fish). Great job
Dcounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 09:13 AM   #16
Swimmer
Native

Beautiful photos Squain! Are u using a GoPro?
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 10:46 AM   #17
mattd
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqain View Post

What kind of camera did you use to get these pictures? Go pro? I phone with a waterptoof case? Other?
mattd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 01:37 PM   #18
Sqain
Native

Default Running Dukes Creek Thread

Nice to meet you out there today big browns. Glad I could help with the open spot and the net. Catching fish at the RB is really impressive. I've lost about 10x as many flies right there than I have landed fish, but there are some real big ones. Let's get out on the water sometime.

Glad everyone likes the pics. Some of my underwater ones I thought came out really well this Time, I've really been trying to get the underwater stuff down and I'm getting there.

Since I fished alone today I was using my gopro on a "selfie stick." I've got a really large net so I keep the fish underwater, bring out my gopro push record video and then I just hold the fish up and put it straight back in the water and get my underwater stuff. I then go back and screen shot from the videos.

Old 03-01-15, 08:11 PM   #19
terry creech
Director, Hall of Fame Member

Good posts and pictures guys.
"Good things come to those who wade." John 6:37
terry creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 03:08 PM   #20
HoochBuster
Native

Props to Sqain on some sick fish and awesome photographs! Looks like you are owning the place right now.
HoochBuster