NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO President / BOD Announcements
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-15, 01:53 PM   #1
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte
Default Fall 2015 BOD Update

On Saturday, October, 10, 2015 the NGTO BOD held the annual Board Meeting and I have several announcements to share.

After over three years I have chosen to step down as president and Scott Brown aka RScott was elected to replace me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as president and will assist RScott and the BOD in transition as I will remain on the BOD for the time being. We all have great confidence in Scott and he is enthusiastic about leading us in the upcoming years.

The BOD has also elected Todd Arnold aka Groundpounder as our newest Board member. Todd is excited to join the BOD and brings with him new ideas and passion for furthering the NGTO mission.

In regards to other offices, Bill Egland aka The EG will continue to hold the position of treasurer and has once again joined the BOD. Mark Keller aka Fishmonger has volunteered to fulfill the office of secretary.

Last but not least, Bill Couch has stepped down from director but will continue to assist us as an advisory member. Please join me in thanking Bill Couch for his service on the Board.

I hope y'all are as eager as I am to experience what NGTO has in store for us in the future.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson

Last edited by Gatorbyte; 10-13-15 at 06:20 AM.
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 02:14 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Default The torch has passed. (Still looking for the paddle though.)

The meeting yesterday was very edifying. RScott will undoubtedly be an excellent president of our organization. His vision for the future of our organization is inspiring. It is also wonderful to welcome Groundpounder (Todd Arnold) to the BOD, as well as seeing Bill (THE EG) being added to the BOD in an official capacity.

Gatorbyte, thank you for your service and devotion to our great organization. We're not a multi-billion dollar corporation (yet), but taking on the role of figurehead and leader of any organization is no walk in the park. Ya done good, brother.

Fishmonger, thank you for stepping the role of secretary. Again, it's more than a title and you're more than suited for it. (Just wish your legs were sexier.)

And Bill Couch, thank you for your service and dedication over the years to NGTO. It is greatly appreciated and you are greatly respected. Your input as a member of the Advisory Board will continue to be welcomed.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 02:29 PM   #3
FairWeatherFisherman
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member

Thanks for yours and Bills service. I'm sure Scott and Todd will do a fine job. Hat tip to EG for hanging with the money chores and to Mark for picking up the paperwork.
FairWeatherFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 05:22 PM   #4
retiredmp
BOD Member, Hall of Fame Member

GB - thank you for your four years at the helm of NGTO. It's been a pleasure working with you and for you. You brought me out of my shell and lurker status. You phone to call me asking me to be a Director was one that I remember for my lifetime. Never realized I had been being assessed or worthy of serving. You dispelled my thoughts in the first minute.

RScott - Congratulations on becoming our new President. It's about fishing and having fun. You too have played a key roll out breaking out of my shell and even took me to the dark side of things - Competition fishing. Somehow I envision it won't take me long to be on your target listing of some harassing. I wouldn't want it any other way.

EG - better you than me - keeping track of the money.

FM - Take great notes.

Todd Arnold - welcome aboard.

Bill - thank you for all of the time and efforts devoted to NGTO.

"Not every Soldier is a Joe"

You can support the NGTO Mission Statement and Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes. Buy a TU License Plate!
retiredmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 05:50 PM   #5
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

Thank you Bret and Bill for continuing the great tradition of NGTO. I appreciate all your hard work and your contributions to making NGTO great!
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-15, 06:53 PM   #6
Native, formerly mwmclaughlin1908

how many votes did Rscott's paddle get?

sent from 2 cans and a piece of string
Old 10-11-15, 06:55 PM   #7
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmclaughlin1908 View Post
how many votes did Rscott's paddle get?

sent from 2 cans and a piece of string
Actually, RScott's paddle was elected on the first ballot, but was disqualified when it couldn't be found to accept it's new position.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 01:34 AM   #8
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Sincere congrats and thanks to all who volunteer their time. I am so proud to be a RScott fan today.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 02:44 AM   #9
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

Yeah congrats to my good buddy Scott! I'll have to buy him a new fishing hat now since his old one is probably too small now!
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-15, 02:59 AM   #10
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Default It's all good!

I want to thank Bret for his 4 years of service to this community, even if he did steal my paddle (safely back home now). Sincerely - thanks Bret!

NGTO has been a part of my life for 17 years, I can't begin to list all the things I have learned from this board and its members. It is also where I have found my best friends - especially 2fly, who always seems to be able to keep me in check.

I look forward to working with the current BOD and Advisory board to continue to support and promote our mission statement. Thank you......

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote