NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > NGTO President / BOD Announcements
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-15, 06:57 AM   #11
1 more cast
Native, Formerly Known as ghetto trout

Default Great news!!!!!!

Ngto will be able to reach a much larger group of fly fishermen. There is a large following of fly fishing by younger guys in our area that dont post on ngto because of the hassle of uploading pics to a secondary site before posting here. This should get some quick hits soon on I G ( instagram).
1 more cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 07:49 AM   #12
wtbfishin
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 more cast View Post
Ngto will be able to reach a much larger group of fly fishermen. There is a large following of fly fishing by younger guys in our area that dont post on ngto because of the hassle of uploading pics to a secondary site before posting here. This should get some quick hits soon on I G ( instagram).
Ah the new instant generation .
Old 11-07-15, 08:02 AM   #13
Jason
Georgia Master Naturalist, SOLO Advanced WFA

Great news pounder.

Concede parum, nega frequenter, distingue semper - St. Thomas Aquinas

'Stand by the roads, and look and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is and walk in it, and find rest for your souls'. Jeremiah 6:16

"Wonder is the desire for knowledge" - St. Thomas Aquinas
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 09:14 AM   #14
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
......the hassle of uploading pics to a secondary site before posting here.
Oh the humanity!

I chucked at this comment too. You want to talk hassle; try having to go to the library and check out (and read) at least 20 books to do a term paper for school. Or in the case of our own Chuck Morris, having to write your term paper on the cave wall using lumps of charcoal from the fire.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 11:22 AM   #15
1 more cast
Native, Formerly Known as ghetto trout

Default It's the time we live in.....

Glad everyone can get a chuckle from my comments, but face it guy's if we want to continue to reach out to new people and expand on the great work ngto does we have to pull in new and younger people. I have a nephew who just got back from Alaska where he worked as a guide. He never post on ngto . He only visits it the buy or sell fly fishing equipment. And the story is true for many of his friends age 20-35. I have followed ngto for 8-9 years. When I first found it I was all over it. Then as time went by I noticed the new people that came to the site and posted only did so a couple of times and then no more. I bump into people from time to time fishing that know of our site but stated that it's always the same guys that comment or post. And when they did they felt like the guys on here just didnt get them. That they were set in there ways and not open to new ideas. I used to just shrug the statement off and move on but now that I look back they may have been on to something.

Last edited by 1 more cast; 11-07-15 at 03:08 PM.
1 more cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 11:29 AM   #16
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post

But still no Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat for this old fart....
Yep, what he said......

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 01:28 PM   #17
groundpounder
Hall of Fame Member, Former Director

Quote:
Glad everyone can get a chuckle from my comments, but face it guy's if we want to continue to reach out to new people and expand on the great work ngto does we have to pull in new and younger people. I have a nephew who just got back from Alaska where he worked as a guide. He never post on ngto . He only visits it the buy or sell fly fishing equipment. And the story is true for many of his friends age 20-35. I have followed ngto for 8-9 years. When I first found it I was all over it. Then as time went by I noticed the new people that came to the site and posted only did so a couple of times and then no more. I bump into people from time to time fishing that know of our site but stated that it's always the same guys that comment or post. And when they did they felt like the guys on here just didnt get them. That they were set in there ways and not open to new ideas. I used to just shrug the statement off and move on but know that I look back they may have been on to something.
Ngto definitely has a wealth of knowledge with its members. Swamp Angel does a fantastic job with the Facebook page! He also started the instagram and twitter accounts. I've been a little more active with Instagram so I've stepped up to the plate to try and expand that avenue for ngto. I appreciate everyone's feedback even if you are an old fart! It may be trial and error for a bit but we will try avenues to see what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by groundpounder; 11-07-15 at 01:36 PM.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 01:43 PM   #18
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Glad everyone can get a chuckle from my comments, but face it guy's if we want to continue to reach out to new people and expand on the great work ngto does we have to pull in new and younger people. I have a nephew who just got back from Alaska where he worked as a guide. He never post on ngto . He only visits it the buy or sell fly fishing equipment. And the story is true for many of his friends age 20-35. I have followed ngto for 8-9 years. When I first found it I was all over it. Then as time went by I noticed the new people that came to the site and posted only did so a couple of times and then no more. I bump into people from time to time fishing that know of our site but stated that it's always the same guys that comment or post. And when they did they felt like the guys on here just didnt get them. That they were set in there ways and not open to new ideas. I used to just shrug the statement off and move on but know that I look back they may have been on to something.
Well, you are not being very fair here. As an organization, I would say we have made great strides in trying to bridge old and new social media here on NGTO. As stated, we have a solid FB presence and GP just brought instagram in to the picture. We certainly want and need the next generation of trout fishers to join NGTO and engage with their stories, trip reports, and share their fishing wisdom.

But that does not necessarily mean that all of the older generation folks (like me) are going to embrace using all this new stuff. We definitely come from a different time. Hell, I am still trying to figure out how to use all the buttons on my microwave oven. But I do wonder sometimes, will this "digital generation" ever look back and regret having lived their youth with their faces buried in a 4 inch screen?

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 02:25 PM   #19
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

I guess I'm from a different world.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 02:43 PM   #20
flyfisher05
Native

Us youngins will definitely give this page a follow.
flyfisher05 is offline   Reply With Quote