NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-16, 03:52 AM   #1
rjoiner001
Native

Default Where are the fish?!!!

Assuming the Chattahoochee is unfishable this weekend, does anyone have solid suggestions for other rivers to fish in North Georgia? My friend will be using a spinning reel while I will be fly fishing. I was thinking Smith but I'm not sure how good the fishing will be with a spinner (never tried it). Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful?!! Thanks!!
rjoiner001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 04:52 AM   #2
trout4life
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to trout4life

Check out my thread on tooga. You can spin fish the DH but you need single hook spinners. We actually fish pink wobblehead worms on #8 barbless hooks with enough shot to bounce the bottom.
trout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 07:14 AM   #3
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

With all of the rain we've had, options are pretty limited. The fish are there but tough to get too. There really aren't any great answers right now.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-16, 08:24 AM   #4
Jimmy Harris
Hall of Fame Member, NGTO Sponsor

The Chattooga River DH will be in great shape. It's currently running at 2.23' on the Hwy. 76 gauge. That's very fishable but I would recommend walking in on the GA side. Most of the fishing is accessed from the GA side. Smith Creek is fishing good now also and is easily waded. Remember, as mentioned above, single hooks only for spinning gear on the DH streams. Dukes Creek, if you can get a spot, is really good right now. Challenging but the rewards are high.

If you fish the Chattooga, plan to spend Saturday evening at the Dillard House with all of us who will be at the Rabun Rendezvous.
Jimmy Harris is offline   Reply With Quote