NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-16, 06:06 PM   #1
daschwabba
Stocker

Default DH for Kids

Can anyone offer advice on where to fish the Delayed Harvest with kids? I'm thinking of taking my 9 and 12 year old sons out on Tuesday. The 12 YO and I will fly fish and my 9 YO will use his spin rod. Ideally, we can get to a rock formation so the youngster doesn't have to wade. Is Whitewater Creek an option?

Thanks in advance. Long time lurker, first time poster.

DaSchwabba
daschwabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 06:14 PM   #2
runner
Hall of Fame Member

During the Thanksgiving school vacation the DNR will stock White Water - The DNR is doing this in order for kids to be able to get involved in a stocking and fish for the one they just put it. The stocking date will most likely be announce on the NGTO site.
runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 06:58 PM   #3
troutrookie
Native

Default Paces

Paces Mill at the ramp is shallow enough to wade or there are places to fish from the bank, pretty child friendly. There were some kids there Friday catching some fish, might be a good choice.
Troutrookie
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 09:51 AM   #4
daschwabba
Stocker

Thanks, fellas. So does Whitewater not get stocked until Thanksgiving? I may take a ride out to Paces today for a little recon. If I get to wet a line too ... well, it's all for the kids!
Old 11-07-16, 02:27 PM   #5
muddy waters
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschwabba View Post
Thanks, fellas. So does Whitewater not get stocked until Thanksgiving? I may take a ride out to Paces today for a little recon. If I get to wet a line too ... well, it's all for the kids!
the guys working the stocking truck last thursday said they'd stocked about 400 at whitewater and would probably stock 400 a week until thanksgiving.
muddy waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 03:54 PM   #6
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Default DH for Kids

I talked to some folks at the Fling Saturday....that said Paces was silly with fish.

Fish it now while the water is clear.

Oops....I just read Prowler's report. Sounds like Paces is the place to be.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 08:42 PM   #7
daschwabba
Stocker

Scoped Paces Mill out today. Caught 5 in a little over an hour. 2 on dries and 3 on the dropper. One monster (I'll have to figure out how to upload the picture.) Easy wading. Perfect for the boys. We'll be there in the morning. They are chomping at the bit. Thanks for the advice! Hope to have pics of them tomorrow.