NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > New Members!
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-17, 11:11 AM   #1
AtlFlyGuy
Stocker

Default New from the burbs

Hey everyone my name is Aaron, long time lurker here and eager to finally start contributing and to continue learning. I'm originally from a small town in northwest Ohio but moved down here just over 9 years ago for school. After finishing school then having my first child life seemed to have put my fishing on hold. I'm lucky that my current job has me traveling to state parks throughout Georgia so I felt it was a great time to finally get back in.

A recent trip to Unicoi State Park had me hitting up Smith Creek for the very first time. To be honest I did some research on here but was going in blind for the most part. My main goal was just to scope out at the area and see if I could get lucky. Found a nice little pool and kept hooking up with a good size rainbow but just couldn't bring him in. Tried a few other areas but no luck. Was hoping to land at least one but it felt good enough just to get out again.

I would also like to say thanks to Bruce Johnson who I met in the parking as I was gearing up. Did not recognize him at first but after an introduction we had a nice little conversation. I explained that it was my first time out in a while and he was very encouraging, he even gave me a purple beaded nymph he was using (can't remember the pattern). Sadly I did not do it justice so I apologize Bruce. The friendly conversation was a nice welcome, especially for my first time at Smith Creek. So thank you Bruce and I'm happy to be aboard!
AtlFlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 11:29 AM   #2
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Welcome fellow suburbanite!

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 03:54 PM   #3
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Welcome AFG, lots of 'burbanites here, but maybe you'll get over it and get to the country some day....
Smith Creek can be a feast/famine creek for me. Some days I can't buy a fish, others I can't keep fish off my hook. Maybe we will meet up some day!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 05:19 PM   #4
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Glad to have you aboard AtlFlyGuy. Smiths is definitely fickle at times, and I mainly try and avoid the highly pressured parts of it. If you need the limited info I gained from others and myself over the 4 trips I've been there I can help, send me a PM.
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:16 PM   #5
Dave375
Native

Welcome aboard Aaron.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote