NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-17, 08:32 AM   #1
Trout "R"
Native

Default 1-14-17

I had the pleasure of meeting my step son and nephew at Smith yesterday morning. My step son picked up a fly rod this past spring for the first time and my nephew started fly fishing about a month ago. I have to say, they are both quick studies or I'm the best teacher ever ().
The morning was spent really dialing in on great drifts and quick hook sets. The normal DH stockers have gotten smarter. No more junk flies and stealth being the most important tactic of all. Fish to hand by both, with warming temperatures. Couldn't ask for a better day than spending time with family on creek with a fly rod in hand!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-14-17-1.jpg (61.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 1-14-17-2.jpg (72.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-15-17, 08:56 AM   #2
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Smiths was tricky yesterday. Lots of big groups of fish in slow water that wouldn't play. Picked up most fish in smal pockets with running water. And yes, there was a midge hatch around 2.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote